Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Seeds sprouted - South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonH

Cool! This hemisphere thing is interesting. Here we are harvesting like mad and here you are starting seeds. No why is it again, that you guys don't fall off the earth?:confused:

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
This past (northern hemisphere) winter, many members were delilghted and inspired to follow the grow logs of our members in New Zealand and South Africa. It's a joy to see all the green.

Bob

DGBAMA

This past (northern hemisphere) winter, many members were delilghted and inspired to follow the grow logs of our members in New Zealand and South Africa. It's a joy to see all the green.

Bob
Very true Bob, I started lurking and reading last winter when everyone here was curing. Learned a lot from the guys that were just starting their growing season, opposite ours.

DGBAMA

Ben,

The bigger ones (in the paper cup) are about ready to move to cells. They will quickly grow a long root and tangle with eachother if left too long (made that mistake).

I actually found keeping my soil in the bulk trays shallower, like an inch; makes the first transplant easier.

squeezyjohn

Very true Bob, I started lurking and reading last winter when everyone here was curing. Learned a lot from the guys that were just starting their growing season, opposite ours.

Too right - watching all those New Zealand grows kept the appetite up for me too. Lots learnt too.

I wonder what they do on the equator? Presumably just keep growing all year round ...

Status
Not open for further replies.