Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Kilning - Does it smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FALaholic

Plan on putting my kiln in the garage where my AC is. Will the exhaust from the kiln, make my house smell like pee :D ?

marksctm

Plan on putting my kiln in the garage where my AC is. Will the exhaust from the kiln, make my house smell like pee :D ?
Mine is in the laundry room.
It'll smell funky for the first week, burn your eyes funky, but after that it starts to get nice tobacco smell, and that last week it'll make your water it smells so good.

FALaholic

Mine is in the laundry room.
It'll smell funky for the first week, burn your eyes funky, but after that it starts to get nice tobacco smell, and that last week it'll make your water it smells so good.

Thanks Cris, that's what I'm worrying about. Being that it is in the same garage where my AC is in, it'll make the whole house smell. Ask me about the time I left a gas can open.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Thanks Cris, that's what I'm worrying about. Being that it is in the same garage where my AC is in, it'll make the whole house smell. Ask me about the time I left a gas can open.

Your cold air returns should be inside the house. Your air handlers may be in the garage but they should be sealed up tight. If you're getting a smell from the garage, you may have leaky air handlers costing you efficency and money.

marksctm

I think Johnlee has his kiln set up out side, you should have no problem with a set up out side down in Florida.
Breathing them gas fumes are bad for your memory... and Breathing them gas fumes are bad for your memory.

FALaholic

What about the time you left a gas can open?

You don't want to know, more than just opening up the windows and airing out the house. I seriously thought I had a gas leak.
I'm not saying that I had our tax dollars at work the next day, and I'm not saying I didn't.

FALaholic

Your cold air returns should be inside the house. Your air handlers may be in the garage but they should be sealed up tight. If you're getting a smell from the garage, you may have leaky air handlers costing you efficency and money.

I will have to agree with that, but I've checked after the fiasco with the gas can, and I can't find where it would leak from. Since then, I haven't bothered to look further into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.