Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New Member from Mississippi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickey60

Hello Everyone,
I have been reading posts on here for some time and decided to join. Everyone here seems to be a bunch of good people. I am new at growing this year. I only have 4 burly plants growing, and I got a late start. I got them planted in pots about 6 weeks ago but hope I get a little from it. I am now hooked. I am excited about learning as much as I can from all of you.
I live in Southwest Mississippi, retired, and love gardening. I have cows, horses, chickens, dogs, and cats, lol. I am glad to be a member of this group.
Rick

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Welcome to FTT Rick. You're joining a pretty decent bunch who know a lot about tobacco. Good luck and good smoking.

John

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Welcome Rick. A good place to start is with the FAQ's at the top of the page. Then check out Grow Blogs and look for Boboro's 2012 and 2013 Grow Blogs. He's from Mississippi also and has a very nice crop every year. You're in a great growing area, alot of Southerners can get two crops a year due to our long growing season.

Rickey60

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I ordered some leaf from Don to sample and get an idea of what I want to grow next spring. Their is so much to choose from and so much to learn. I know I will have a blast growing and processing. I look forward to everyone's advice.
Rick

semois99

Smokers Hi friends, I have about 25 tobacco plants that can be harvested within three weeks will be broad-leaved species but which I can not say exactly. The culture is not too bad this year, decent fetch.I live in Belgium.De tobacco notching is no problem with the shredder or the pasta machine. On the other hand fermenting a bigger problem, several sites provide no effective solution still I try again this year one or another system. If one of the members sugestie thereabouts have gladly course.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Welcome semois99. You are our first Belgium member that I know of. Which language, French or Flemish? If we can help you in any way, just ask.

semois99

My mother tongue is flemish and some french, but the english language especially along this fantastic forum. I am an inveterate pipe smoker and will despite my 40 years of experience much to learn about pipe tobacco when I contemplate this forum. I learn I soak myself some tobacco but will definitely order from whole leaf tobacco only I do not know what kinds. Thanks to bites may cause this forum.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
My mother tongue is flemish and some french, but the english language especially along this fantastic forum. I am an inveterate pipe smoker and will despite my 40 years of experience much to learn about pipe tobacco when I contemplate this forum. I learn I soak myself some tobacco but will definitely order from whole leaf tobacco only I do not know what kinds. Thanks to bites may cause this forum.

Don (FmGrowit, founder of forum and owner of www.wholeleaftobacco.com) will be stocking some wonderful Latakia pretty soon. Keep an eye out for it. I love his Virginia Red Leaf in a pipe by itself and his aged Burley is very nice by itself or in a blend and of course, the Turkish Izmir is a must have.

Are you from northern Belgium? Do you have plans of growing some plants for yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.