pedro_2014_card.jpg
robbin_2014_card.jpg
tita_2014_card.jpg
alex_2014_card.jpg
ibrahim_2014_card.jpg
joshua_2014_card.jpg
dami_2014_card.jpg

LewZephyr

lol, they look like collector cards. Got to catch em all.

Thanks for all the links and vids MarcL

MarcL

Pedro and Ibrahim again today. I'd swear there in a race to fill a mold. they started at the same time. Ibrahim, with a nice tight entubado had 31:01:05. Pedro, with a lazy entubado is on his 8th bunch.

MarcL

Hi, Jason Cambest, a while ago you told me you were interested in learning how to roll cigars, and asked me about our live training program in Austin, TX.
mail

Each year, we personally train dozens of new rollers, but for many, making the commitment to travel to Austin for a full week and pay the $2000 price is difficult.

Today, we're launching the perfect solution!

Our brand new, learn-at-home course: Rolling Cigars for Fun & Profit!

This course is jam packed with several dozen videos that teach you the exact same steps I would teach you if you came to our live course.

Even better, you can go through the course at your own pace.

We scoured the industry, and cannot find a single course that offers the quality of training, not to mention all the super cool videos that you'll love watching over and over again!

Because you have asked about Roller Training before, we wanted to give you a very special offer.

We want to let you have the course for just $297, that's 70% off the regular price.

All we ask, is that you love the course and believe it deserves a perfect 5 star rating, give us a great review inside the course!

But you have to hurry, we're only going to sell 50 copies at this introductory price before we roll it out to the general public at the full $997 price (still a great deal).

So...

==> If you love cigars...

==> If you're looking for a cool and fun side hustle...

==> or, if you just love to watch very cool cigar rolling videos.

Grab, Rolling Cigars for Fun & Profit right now.

Click Here to Enroll Now.

Thank you again,

mail

Jeff Lipton

Bobalu Cigar Co.
8501A Burnet Road
Austin, TX 78757
(512) 469-5877

P.S. Once you complete your registration, you will get instant access to our beautiful private member area.​

GreenDragon

This...is...so...Austin. Looks like they just moved to a new location near my office. I'll have to swing by during lunch soon and check them out for grins and giggles.

GreenDragon

In what way are the $297 videos different from the gazillion free ones on YouTube?

Bob

You can't be a super cool retro Austin-Hipster if you don't PAY for something other people can get for free! The very first review I found online was that their old location (on 6th street) was "better". 6th street is where all the cool hipster / college bars are. And the rent is outrageous.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I suppose it's similar to why people pay outrageous fees to a university in order to learn what has always been available in books at the library. Werner Erhard (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erhard_Seminars_Training) in the early 1970s discovered that people listened better if he charged more money for the 60-hour EST "course" to "transform your life". The "course" could best be summarized by the statement, "just do it." It was filled with platitudes, truisms, aphorisms and rehashed, westernized Zen. Each attendee not only heard whatever they expected, but felt all the better for having spent the money.

Bob

EDIT: Maybe FTT should charge a one-time, $297 membership fee.

GreenDragon

Update!

Curiosity got the best of me (and I was bored), so I swung by the store over lunch. Expectations were not high, and I was not disappointed.

Walked in: Salesman is reclined in the smoking lounge and 4
torcedores
are sitting at their stations staring into space.
Salesman shuffled over: "Do you know what you want?"
Me: "No, It's my first time here. Saw you on the internet today."
Salesman: "Well, all our cigars are rolled by our expert Cuban rollers (waves vaguely at non-rolling 'rollers'), Rolando there rolled for 20 years in Cuba". (Rolando doesn't look up)
Me: "Cool. I roll some myself"
Salesman, showing signs of life: "Did you learn from our Video!?"
Me: "No, web forum and YouTube. I started by..."
Salesman immediately changes subject: "Would you like to join our membership club? Only $50 a year and you get 1/2 off our cigars!"
Me: "Tell me about your cigars, where do you get your leaf from?"
Salesman: "Nicaragua I think, and Connecticut for the Connecticut shade."
Shows me to a small walk-in humidor and points to 10% of the cigars with a Bobula label. "These are our cigars."
The rest were generic brands I've never seen/heard of. I'm thinking re-branded seconds.
Proceeds to describe them by their sizes, as there are no descriptions at all on what the fillers are or flavor profiles, only sizes and prices were on the labels.

I bought a few to be polite and beat a hasty retreat. I can always give them to some of the guys at work I don't really like. On the plus side, the cigars are beautifully rolled. They should let the torcedores take over the store. I can see why they failed at 6th street.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Ouch!

"A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house..."

They shouldn't allow locals to go in there.

Bob

EDIT: You may have walked in on a meeting at which the boss was in the process of firing the four Guatemalan refugee "torcedores", since he could no longer afford the $4 an hour.