Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Air-curing questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGBAMA

Curing has two distinct stages. "coloring" and "drying".

Coloring is letting the leaf die without drying. Also called "yellowing". Method varies a lot by environment. Too slow with high humidity you might get mold. Too fast and the leaf dries before dying resulting in green tobacco.

When leaf has colored/looses its green, it is dried. St this point you will have good baccy but the color of the finished leaf will vary based on the time the drying process takes. Generally, the longer it takes to dry, the darker the finished color will be.

gargynko

Guys, I grew some unknown virginia and some of my leaves are already cured. They smell good and look great. But problem is, after I gave it a try and lighted a cig, I almost spit out my soul... It was harshy as hell. There was no sign of drying green or so, that leaf looked great but tasted harshy. Do you think that some aging or better killning will do the job??

Planter

My method for yellowing is similar to Istanbulin´s, but I normally use cardboard boxes with towels. When the first signs of colour change appear, you have to check every day - it can rot quickly, esp. if the leaves have holes or spots of damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.