Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Suckers aleady [pics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FALaholic

Curious to know if these are suckers.
If so, snip em now, or wait til they get bigger?

Talking about the two tiny leaves protruding off the stalk, toward the center. You can see them better in the 3rd pic.

900x506xIMAG0189.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

IMAG0191.jpg

DGBAMA

My Turkish starts did that. I left em alone, never did much and I trim off the bottom few leaves when planting.

FALaholic

Huh...suckers already.
I'll leave em alone as well. Things are going good, don't want to fix what ain't broken. Will remove them later on.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
those are very small. i dont think we have enough season left for them to do anything,

you plan on growing them indoors under light's,?

but at least you got some experience in starting the seeds,

FALaholic

You really don't think that I'll have em done before the end of the season. I'm expecting frost to come in Jan.
I went from 30, as planed to 40, and now looking at going with 50, simply because I have seedlings in the seeding tray doing good. Hate to see em go to waste.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
You really don't think that I'll have em done before the end of the season. I'm expecting frost to come in Jan.
I went from 30, as planed to 40, and now looking at going with 50, simply because I have seedlings in the seeding tray doing good. Hate to see em go to waste.
Sunlight will be getting shorter as fall starts. I think you are right on the edge of the envelope. Good Luck.

DGBAMA

Even if they don't fully mature you should get some good leaf. The trick will be being giving that leaf good coloring/drying/curing conditions in mid_winter.

FALaholic

Even if they don't fully mature you should get some good leaf. The trick will be being giving that leaf good coloring/drying/curing conditions in mid_winter.

I did think about curing. I have a small Pool room. Nothing more than a toilet in there. Never used the toilet, and the room is nothing more than a glorified closet, just with more space and taller ceilings.

figured I would place a space heater in there, to get the temps, and mister for humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.