Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Stalk curing Turkish Mold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Thumb

I hung my ismir this weekend from the garage ridge beam up am down the ladder it sucked.
The problem is the plants blew over and are semi erect say almost 45 degrees and do not hang straight down after nailing them up. I thought they might come down but did not.
The leaves are hanging on each other.
Will they mold I am keeping the rh at approx 70 and temp is around 75 to 80 ish
I will not be able to get to them after I fill in the lower level
My home computer took a crap and I dumb to figure out how to post pics from this dummy phone
Happy Harvesting

johnlee1933

Founding Member
My home computer took a crap and I dumb to figure out how to post pics from this dummy phone Happy Harvesting
Hey, You're way ahead of me. I can't use the damn thing at all and my G-kids laugh at me (till I cook a steak and french fry supper.) Then they shut up or go hungry. LOL

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I think you're good with those temp. and humidity figures. I strung three leaf bunches pretty tight together without any mold so far. The humidity is hovering in the mid to upper 70% range. I watch the gauge and when it gets in the upper 70RH I cut on the shop fan. The leaf is color curing real nice. The problem I'm having is humidity is too high to finish drying the leaf and stems so I've been bringing them in the house to finish up. If you get a rain or something, you may want a way to move some air through them. You have a ton of leaf to hang and cure, hope all goes well.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
your high r.h.

is bringing the temp's down,

incrase the temp.

what you are doing right now is encourging mold to grow, your temp isnt high enough to dry the leaf, just make it mugy like you hung them in the jungle.

you really need to blast that leaf with about 110 temp. '' steady''

when the midrib is dry, then use your crock-pot, to soften them back up.

Brown Thumb

Greg, I will get some pics up of my grow it is really depressing. Lots of Dwarf leaf & Plants.
Don ,Thanks For the offer But I would not want to bother you, It will be a after harvest grow blog if I find time. I Just cant decide on a new puter I need like 3 and want to go with Macs but I am having a hard time Parting with the greenbacks:confused:.
Chicken, Where the Heck am I going to find a crock pot that big?
I am using a automatic dehumidifer set at 70 it goes no higher and I have a 48 in. fan running non stop on low.
Here is a pic of the bent turkish.

Attachments

• stalk.JPG
    stalk.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 54

DonH

Turkish varieties have trouble yellowing. I stack them, leave them for a day, restack them, and repeat until yellow then hang. Then if the RH is too low it won't matter.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
If you have a fan moving the air, you should be in good shape. Don't let the RH drop any lower than what it is now or the leaf can dry green instead of cure.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
the shed i plan on building for my curing is gonna have a sand floor so i can wet the sand creating humidity,

and i may start small fires in there for flue curing????

next year i will be growing some '' pipe or cigar '' varities to mix with my bacca i use for cigg's. i think it will boost the flavour up a little,

Status
Not open for further replies.