Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

The Workhorse baby curing chamber

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehead

i have to make something more modern. i am in the stone age compared to what some of you have. when it was warmer out everything wen't fast and easy. i have to run the heat and humidifier in the shed to much now to make it economically worth it this time of year. the last of my sucker harvest is as slow as molasis. some of it could have been riper than what it was when i harvested it. i guess time will tell.

workhorse_01

I think it depends on what you're growing it for. If for cigars you might be better off by a slow air cure.
i have to make something more modern. i am in the stone age compared to what some of you have. when it was warmer out everything wen't fast and easy. i have to run the heat and humidifier in the shed to much now to make it economically worth it this time of year. the last of my sucker harvest is as slow as molasis. some of it could have been riper than what it was when i harvested it. i guess time will tell.

workhorse_01

I'm way over on hours on this cure. It's right with bama's about 84hrs. I'm thinking I need to remove a few green leaves and let them go in with the next batch. That way I can move on with the cure without setting some green or scalding some. This run I'm also trying an experiment with a hand of Zimmer hanging in there sweating.

DGBAMA

My current batch running long is not dictated by the yellowing not keeping up with "the schedule" it is something I am doing on purpose, decided before the batch started. With so much variation in this run in leaf maturity and variety I wanted to pay more attention to keeping ?ideal? Yellowing conditions without pushing......tossed the clock before i started. I will let the leaf tell me when to make changes. Hope it works out.

workhorse_01

Rickey, It turned out good. It's been tied in hands and boxed up. I'll probably start cropping tomorrow, and load the torment out of it before next Tues. I'll get it started but, my wife will have to run it until it's finished.

Rickey60

I know you have the wife up to par on running your chamber and everything will turn out good. I wish you the best Tuesday and will be thinking about you.

workhorse_01

The VA Gold in the chamber is coming along good. The temp is at 115*F and climbing. The bacca yellowed nice and is on it's way to a finished product.

workhorse_01

The doors are open on the curing chamber and it's raining outside. Everything should be in case tonight. and handed up by tomorrow. Those tobacco sticks weighed in at about 55lbs. each when I loaded the box. I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

workhorse_01

Over a month ago I started a perique type carrot, that I placed in water in a doubled ziplok bag. Today I'm going to check it and will give a report tomorrow.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Over a month ago I started a perique type carrot, that I placed in water in a doubled ziplok bag. Today I'm going to check it and will give a report tomorrow.
I'm really interested in how that comes out. My first thought was that it would simply rot. But then, Perique in a press should also rot--and it doesn't.

Bob

workhorse_01

Boy there for a while I thought it was rotten, but now it has changed and you were right it has changed to more of a fruity smell. Although I don't know how.
I'm really interested in how that comes out. My first thought was that it would simply rot. But then, Perique in a press should also rot--and it doesn't.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.