Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

The Workhorse baby curing chamber

Status
Not open for further replies.

workhorse_01

This chamber is 4' wide by 4' tall by 30" deep. It has been running for two days and my leaf (VA Gold) is about half yellow. The leaf was hung to wilt and air cure for two days, then in to the curing chamber.

workhorse_01

Plywood, with ductboard insulation wrapped, and sealed with mastic. I have a dehumidifier on stand by in case of too much humidity. a humidifier in case i need humidity, and a digital thermidistat to control it. And a ranco ordered. the furnace will be for the 15' box.
What did you build it from?

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
sounds fancy...

all that temp. control devices,

[ i just shredded the ONE-SUCKER you gave me [ not a bad smoke ]

workhorse_01

Well the VA Gold should be almost full on lemon yellow. I think by tonight or tomorrow morning I will begin to ramp up the drying phase. When this run is finished I think I'm going to season my box with a fire cure, as you would a cast iron skillet. BigBonner sent me some fire cure and, WOW!

workhorse_01

I'm Hopping to unload the VA Gold from my baby chamber tomorrow, If all goes well i'll try the YTB next. My Bafra is getting close too. I think I'm going to let it air cure for about three days until full on yellow, then put it in the chamber until two days before done, and then put it on the dashboard of the truck in the sun until dry. It should be interesting to see what kind of flavor it has. It sounds a little strange but so does perique.

workhorse_01

Well sometime in the night my heat turned off so I restarted it today. some smaller leaves are done but the larger ones aren't. Close but no cigar!

Status
Not open for further replies.