Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

A way to help support this site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Maybe have a sale or auction section with the proceeds going to Don to help maintain this site. I would think that the sale/auction should go through Don first for his approval so this doesn't turn in to an ebay type site.

Randy B

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
well he is in the biz of leaf, so if you were on the fence about some of those varieties perhaps buy a couple pounds to sample them before growing your own. i got his 142 and ytb and they are both top notch.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Thanks for keeping this topic in mind guys. To tell the truth, the cost of running the site is pretty minimal. The start-up cost was expensive, but that's just business. The best way for the site to support itself is to have a large membership and lots of visits. It's going to take a little while to get to the kind of numbers that would support the site, but I'm more interested in the site being the best than I am with being the biggest.

I'm still working on templates and additional forums. Three big categories will be introduced within the next week or so and actually, one of those can do a lot to support the site. It's going to be a "Products" category, with everything needed to process whole leaf into tobacco products.

As for now, the best help anyone can offer is to help recruit members and get the existing forums populated. If you guys want the How to Grow forum expanded, just say the word....and please keep your suggestions coming.

Thanks,
Don

BigBonner

Founding Member
Like I said once before how about a raffel . I will put up three pounds or more of free burley , With free shipping .You all just figure it out how and let me know who's the winner .This would just be to get members to join .

BigBonner

Founding Member
How about it should go to the first member who recruits 25 or 30 new members ?

Any sugestions ?

Larry

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I'll go along with whatever you guys want to try. I like he idea of free whole leaf, but I would have to insist it comes from my stock (which includes BigBonner's Burley )

Daniel

Banned
I don't think a raffle is a bad idea, but the best way to market a new site is through web site promotion. Part of that simply takes time. The other is to have the correct keywords on it so people find it when they search for that topic. Once they find it it needs something to keep them there. Low priced tobacco sources would be a huge one. Also getting the how to info filed in would help. I know it is hard on the beginning you sort of set and watch hoping something will happen. It will. Maybe members can brain storm good keywords. Things like Free Tobacco or Free cigarettes How to grow tobacco. etc. The are programs out there that will actually help yo come up with your keywords and show you how often certain phrases have been searched for. now you want a lot of hits? put something like Nude Brittany spears in your keywords. of course you will have nothing but millions of dissapointed visitors. so make sure the key words are good but accurate as well. Nude Tobacco you might get away with and still draw a huge number of people looking for something a little different. You never know how many of those might stick around after finding the place. It never crossed my mind to buy raw tobacco much less grow my own. I found out about it through a pipe makers forum. so try linking to related groups as well. Last I heard browsers like you to be linked to other sites. I know the last tie I searched for how to grow tobacco this group came up pretty high on the list. it was actually above the How To Grow tobacco group. now go figure that one out.

BarG

Founding Member
If any members or users of this site have websites of there own they could list this site as an affiliate and send a few visitors this way, could add up over time. I would be glad to with your ok, will need to add a tobacco related page selling seeds, humidors ,or cigar mould, then add html for this site with recommendation to visit.

BarG

Founding Member
Thanks don, I'll start a tobacco seed page to try and sell my monte calme seeds till I have time to make some tobacco related products, maybe give free seeds with purchase. I just bought some spanish cedar last week to make a few humidors for sale when I have time. I found a good link for an inexpensive hygrometer and humidifier from your cigar rolling post videos. I'll go into my site this weekend and get started. If you want I,ll add your whole leaf site also.

Last edited:

BarG

Founding Member
Anyone is more than welcome to link this site with their own. What is the address of your site? This might actually make a nice thread
(Members web sites).
The thread may not be necessary. To list A link to your homepage or website go to settings, click edit profile, scroll down to box saying add url to your home page. Type or paste your url and save changes at bottom of page. Link can be viewed in members list. Members list can be found by clicking on community at top header.

BarG

Founding Member
Members websites with links to Fair Trade Tobacco forum

Here is my websites with the links to this forum http://www.bargwoodworks.com/Whole-leaf-tobacco-free-tobacco-seeds-humidors-cigar-moulds_c13.htm. http://www.Texashardwoods.co/the-whole-leaf-tobacco-page I encourage any new members to link their site with fair trade to increase traffic to this site and your own. Could be a homepage to show your photo albums on home grown tobacco or shopping cart but no scammers or spammers PLEASE! This should be done only in the interest of fairness to you and the forum. {subject to approval by administrator and moderators}. Fairtrade will reserve the the right to delete any disappropriate links! {So BE Cool}. I am really looking forward to watching this site grow, maybe you will too.:cool: Didn't see way to make new thread. Thought links to this site might be ok for a thread.

Last edited:

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i have 2 items,,, i'd donate to a site auction,,,

ones a old glass jar/4 pipe holder wood stand,,,and leather baccy pouch bag in the jar,,,'' VERY OLD''

and the other is a old tampa nugget '' it's a boy'' cugar box.

both would be highly collectible to the avid pie smoker,,, and intrest a cigar smoker,,,,

the offer is open,,,,

i like this site,, and hope it takes off,,,

BarG

Founding Member
How about a Fair trade Tobacco rendevous at central location one of these years so members can meet ,trade and sample different strains of specialty tobaccos. maybe take donations to help sponsor. Internet is so anonymous would be nice to meet members in person and swap all kinds of lies lol. I probably couldn't make it cause i'm so far from tobacco country but who knows! Maybe find some things really cool and expensive to raffle. Say a couple high Quality curing-fermenting chamber tried and true,[after designed built and tested] [I suggest Deluxestogie to be the judge, send him a sample and document process] or bulk storage humidor, and personel use humidors. and on and on. I would donate regardless. I believe this site to be a worthy cause. You could have a listing under new events or community. Even If schedule is year or two away would give lots of time to plan and add to member registration, members free entry -non members pay entry fee. Every one pays for raffle tickets, maybe discount for donating to help sponser.

Come one come all, bring your tobaccy bring your furs and by all means bring your women....:cool: Great Fair Trade Tobacco Rendevuos!!!!

Last edited:

Tman

Being one of your newest members, I think this site is one of the best ones I've been on, because this site isn't a money grab site it's a learning site. Not every one wants to know how to grow tobacco, so the people we attract is limited. We seem to be people that are self reliant, hard working and live life as we see fit. Word of mouth is a strong endorsement for this site. This will bring in like minded people and make the site a quality site. I will be seeking endorsements from different sites that I am a member of that fit the bill.
" Freedom Isn't free "

Status
Not open for further replies.