Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Grin updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gdaddy

I have never seen it garbled like that before. Let me know your system specs and web browser and if you're still having this issue and I can forward it on to the feedback people.

That window was in Google browser and still doesn't work right. Explorer worked fine. Windows XP professional Pentium 4 3.0 GHz

rainmax

Founding Member
Nice. I will probably forget my password- case sensitive, lover, upper, special caracter and number.
Of course I was looking for Prilep.

When I search for Prilep it only show one TI 1325.
The other one TI 1291 does not show up unless you type exactly 'Prilep No.2'.

JessicaNicot

Nice. I will probably forget my password- case sensitive, lover, upper, special caracter and number.
Of course I was looking for Prilep.

When I search for Prilep it only show one TI 1325.
The other one TI 1291 does not show up unless you type exactly 'Prilep No.2'.

Hi Maks

I saw where Marty contacted you about using wildcards (%) for these searches. That information might be good to post for the group.

If you want to find any accession that might begin with "Prilep", you can use the wildcard phrase "prilep%" in the search box. You can also use it before a word, such as "%mammoth", or on both sides at once, "%Orinoco%". However, if you do use these wild cards you will want to combine them with a genus limiter for Nicotiana, which you can find using the advanced search function.

JessicaNicot

That window was in Google browser and still doesn't work right. Explorer worked fine. Windows XP professional Pentium 4 3.0 GHz

So I forwarded your screenshot on to the developers and this is what I heard back: "I am not seeing the issue here under the same resolution (but [I'm] on Windows 8.1). He might try to increase his zoom factor: Ctrl + With Chrome, I generally see a smaller portion of the entire window being occupied by [GRIN-Global] than when in Firefox. Using Ctrl + --he can enlarge that display and maybe that will solve the issue. If he still sees that, let us know. (XP??? --he should be thinking about upgrading his Operating System since XP is ripe for security breaches since it is no longer supported by Microsoft.)"

JessicaNicot

Your tech guy offers lame excuses, blames the user, and fails to recognize that there is an issue. Bummer.

Bob

He didn't blame him. the gov and our university (and I imagine a lot more institutions) abandoned all xp systems and thus the website isn't tested on that platform in house. I've never heard about that chrome setting trick before and who knows, it may fix the problem he is seeing...

JessicaNicot

hey guys!I know its been a really long time coming, but the new GRIN website and database are finally up and running. I've been uploading a lot of information (lots of names, places and pedigrees) so you should go check it out and try doing some searches because you'll likely get some different results than in the past. you can create an account and make a wish list of your favorite varieties, or just sort of bookmark them so you don't have to search for them every time. right now I'm still toiling away getting the images up, but they're coming...

Smokin Harley

I don't have a lot to offer but does GRIN need any seed grown in IL ? I saved seed from 10 varieties for my 2015 crop. It is cleaned and bagged .

Status
Not open for further replies.