Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from Occupied Dixie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern Planter

"A Horseman in the Sky" by Ambrose Bierce. This short story will curl your hair. http://storyoftheweek.loa.org/2011/11/horseman-in-sky.html

The story is in the bottom left of the home page.

Close to home my friend, my mothers Great Grandfather fought for the south, and his brother, from the same farm in the same town (Richmond KY) fought for the north.

Bierce is an incredible author, but alas, sometimes hard to find in something you can hold in your hand.

Thank you.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Close to home my friend, my mothers Great Grandfather fought for the south, and his brother, from the same farm in the same town (Richmond KY) fought for the north.

Bierce is an incredible author, but alas, sometimes hard to find in something you can hold in your hand.

Thank you.

I purchased the Complete Works from Amazon, including the ghost stories. All in one book. I agree, awesome author, and his bio is just incredible.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Collected...id=1377806163&sr=8-34&keywords=ambrose+bierce

Southern Planter

Found it, thanks. Looks like they left out some of the period stuff like his Dadaist plays and what not. I had a Professor who was really into the Dada movement, but it's such a hard thing for a modern to wrap his head around that a publisher would find it hard to justify printing it all. Put it looks like it has the good stuff, i'm going to order it.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Enter Ambrose Bierce in the search box, they have the plays and essays, but they will be in a separate book.

workhorse_01

It wont ever die. It's etched in to our soul! It isn't north and south anymore. I've met some GREAT people from up north, and wouldn't trade them for a wagonload of some the ones running around with confederate battle flags pasted on their rattling falling apart automobiles. Most of which don't know what flag they're making a mockery of. I love the United States of America and would give my life for it if need be. That goes for the Yankees too! I forgot to say welcome Brother.
We're all friends here. After 150 years, it might be time to just let it go.

workhorse_01

You are dead on! Growing up in Fort Myers Fl. my favorite comment to hear was "That isn't how we did it up north". We'd just say "You aint up north". LOL
It is a sore spot. But if every body was like the ppl that's here. We could have worked it out.

Southern Planter

Oh i agree with that, it should be moved to the off topic forum if anything. My first crack was meant as a joke after the post in front of it whereby the poster (who is from the north) said "welcome from the occupied north." Or words to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.