Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Wow this place is in depth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesy

Philippians 4:13
Hello from east Texas.

I decided to read around before introducing myself. My goodness the IN DEPTH knowledge here. Feel like I gotta have a phd in baccy just to talk to some folks in here. I won't let it dissuade me though. I have wanted to grow tobacco for 16 years and come next spring Lord willin I'm gonna do it. I sure hope some of the experienced folks here can help me.
God bless

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Welcome to FTT Jonsey. There's a lot of good folks where who will watch your progress and help whenever they can.

John

Rickey60

A big welcome Jonsey!
You can count on this bunch to help you out. They have helped me. Seems you can't ask a dumb question here. Everyone has to start at square one.
Rick

janetta007

Welcome Jonsey, I am a new grower in East Texas also. Palestine as a matter of fact. And yes these guys are great and very helpful.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
you'll be enjoying your own product very soon,

and it will be a product that no store can ever meet,

i wouldnt trade 20 of my grown cigg's for a carton of store bought,

my product is so much superior, and better than anything they can bring to market.

.....................................................................................

do some research, here, i.m.o. the starting of seeds, for a beginner is proablly the most difficult thing you will do,

but even that done the right way is very simple,

Jonesy

Philippians 4:13
I'm starting with a raised bed next spring. my moms got 20 acres so i may start there too. Mostly clay around here but some good sandy areas too. Probably till mushroom compost to perk it up.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I'm starting with a raised bed next spring. my moms got 20 acres so i may start there too. Mostly clay around here but some good sandy areas too. Probably till mushroom compost to perk it up.
Raised bed is all I work. If you can arrange to mix some of your clay and sand together and add organic you should do well. You might consider cotton seed meal as a conttinuous slow feed nitrogen additive. I use it all the time with good results. If you can get a soil test. Then you'll know what you need and what you DON'T.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.