Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello friends from Wabo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabobeach38

Hey, my name is Angel, Wabobeach is my long time handle so there ya go. I'm 38, and a smoker. I started looking for alternatives to $6.09 a pack a few months ago when we moved from TX to Michigan. I'm still out looking for work and need to save a buck.

My sister suggested I come here and learn about growing my own tobacco. My mother in law actually lives on a farm and doesn't grow anything except sunflowers and pumpkins. I could use an acre if I wanted to, or just make a small garden.

I have not a green thumb so this will be a learning process-I guess my first question is, what should a beginner know other than where to get seeds??

janetta007

Welcome to the forum Wabo, you have come to the right place. These guys are very helpful. I have a few seeds I can send you to experiment on starting your seeds till next spring.

Wabobeach38

thanks everyone. I'm having trouble with my profile. I'm a senior member at CDF (City Data Forum) for 8 years, but on this layout I can't seem to add a picture-do you know if I have to have a certain number of posts before those controls appear?

MarcL

I can see your avatar. Are you trying to start an album for photos. I'm not sure about the post count thing.

Wabobeach38

I just got it worked out, thanks. LOL It's under settings, not profile. Different layout I guess, will have to play with it some.

Wabobeach38

I tried that e-mail link Janetta for the seedgnome, but it didn't pop up anything for me to try it. If you have the e-mail address I will send them a request for the seeds. I probably need that book on how to do the whole process. I will get with Jerri to pick out a plot of the farm to grow on I assume next season? I have a lot to learn.

DonH

I tried that e-mail link Janetta for the seedgnome, but it didn't pop up anything for me to try it. If you have the e-mail address I will send them a request for the seeds. I probably need that book on how to do the whole process. I will get with Jerri to pick out a plot of the farm to grow on I assume next season? I have a lot to learn.
Welcome, Wabo! Forget the book. I bought a couple of books when I decided to start growing, then when I found this forum, I realized I wasted my money. Everything you need to know is here!

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
this is the perfect time to be intrested in doing a grow for next year.

it's fairlly easy once you get the hang of how to do it,

i'd suggest looking at some grow blogs, that go from seed [ and the how to's ] to finished crop.

ive been told my 2012 blog was very informative, you may wont to look at it,

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Welcome Wabo. Once you figure out what varieties you want to grow and how and when to start seed in your area you may be able to get seeds from fellow members.

John

DGBAMA

Welcome. It is A lot to take in. Tobacco is a weed. Once you get it started it is hard mess up.

You have a shorter growing season up there so pick a grow area that gets as many hours of sun as possible.

Also pick varieties to grow that mature faster for your first grow. I would even say get a little more seed than you need and use some to get a hand on the germination process indoors over the winter. a

Status
Not open for further replies.