Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Brown Thumbs Walk In kiln, Flue Cure, Attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Thumb

Oh Yea, It worked:)
Thank God it worked and my Diameter was spot on for my spring back.
Another break was my wife did not want the center design.
Good thing my MIL is Awesome or I would have throw this in the trash.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

DGBAMA

Nice work. I love the smell of fresh sawdust in the shop from a good woodworking project.

Brown Thumb

Well back to the chamber for a new yr.
I tore apart Susie Steamer since she was not putting out a lot of steam.
This thing is simple to build.
A hot water coil, water on off float wired to a water on off valve and a over temp switch wired in case you lose water to it.
I have hard water so cleaning the coil might help it was not as bad as I thought it would be.
Of course a stud broke off the water box holding in the heating coil in. Ill weld that back on tomorrow.
image.jpg

Brown Thumb

I got her all fixed up and ready and then the temp switch which goes out to the heating coil broke the little sensor do hickey copper tube and I can't find one anywhere.
Scored another one one greed bay shipped for 80 bucks shipped.
She is a little bigger steamer tho. :)

Brown Thumb

SOB. This thing runs off a micro processor. Sensors are 12 volt dc and work off resistance.
80 bucks down the tubes. I am going to put it back together and see If I can somehow force it into a steam mode.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 8

Brown Thumb

sawdust is Man-glitter
I enjoy projects. I'm not too happy with this one.
My tenant that turned into a meth head trashed my house/ restored Barn. $12,000 kitchen cabinets junk.
I did not even throw her out her husband died a little over a yr ago and she want back to drugs, meth I think.
freaking lowes unfinished cabinets at 20% off are going in.
Only freaking 18 of them, I would have put less in but the slate floor went in after the cabinets.
I have no time for my Baccy. I need the income from the house.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Gmac

I think you are on to something there. I remember reading that the big outfits force air through the leaf, rather than just circulate the air around.
I decided to try this on some yellowed tobacco that had way to much moisture in it, even had to mop the floor to remove excess. So I just opened the door and blew air through the leaves with a box fan, brought RH down 20% in ten minutes. So I need some inside fans inside blowing across the leaf, What do you think?
Gmac

Brown Thumb

I decided to try this on some yellowed tobacco that had way to much moisture in it, even had to mop the floor to remove excess. So I just opened the door and blew air through the leaves with a box fan, brought RH down 20% in ten minutes. So I need some inside fans inside blowing across the leaf, What do you think?
Gmac
If flue curing a lot of leaf, you need air going thru it if it is jambed packed.
If your leaf is just hanging there with a space between it, I have no clue.

Brown Thumb

I got her fired up again.
The fridge took a crap in the spring and I lost about 100 pounds of frozen deer meat.
I always wet aged my meat in the fridge and chucked it in the freezer in the garage.
Stumbled across the CoolBot cruising the net.
I had a old air conditioner laying around so I gave it a try.
Works super duper. We processed my kids doe he got over a week ago last night and the meat is awesome compared to wet curing.
Also hung with hide on my 6 pointer that was a 8 pointer at some time hanging in there now. I can get 4 deer in there.
I can pull the ac out and put the panel back in for flue curing.

Attachments

• B7317188-84B9-40EE-84CB-E6C9C32BEA7E.jpeg
    B7317188-84B9-40EE-84CB-E6C9C32BEA7E.jpeg
    574.8 KB · Views: 14

ChinaVoodoo

I got her fired up again.
The fridge took a crap in the spring and I lost about 100 pounds of frozen deer meat.
I always wet aged my meat in the fridge and chucked it in the freezer in the garage.
Stumbled across the CoolBot cruising the net.
I had a old air conditioner laying around so I gave it a try.
Works super duper. We processed my kids doe he got over a week ago last night and the meat is awesome compared to wet curing.
Also hung with hide on my 6 pointer that was a 8 pointer at some time hanging in there now. I can get 4 deer in there.
I can pull the ac out and put the panel back in for flue curing.
Don't eat the green bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.