Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

TV, Cell Phone, Home Phone, Internet, and Insurance - $98/month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FALaholic

I have 3 channels plus one pay per view channel broadcast in 3D. Nascar is unbelievable in 3D. Yes it must be broadcast in 3D to be seen. I was scepticle when I made the purchase, but I'm sure glad I did. I wish FTT had a yahoo app for my tv. I wouldn't have to leave my easy chair.

Awe hell I'm coming over.

workhorse_01

Or deer. Season has just opened, and they were going to raise the limit but at the last min. they decided not to. So you would have to be content with 10 does and two bucks. Honestly boiling those horns didn't make a difference, you still cant eat them.:cool:
Can I bring my FALs and we bag some hogs.

workhorse_01

I shoot a Rem. 700, 300 winmag. All my friends call it sit stay, because when I shoot something it sit's and stays.

BarG

Founding Member
Recently I've become pretty disgusted with the amount of money I pay (*waste) for these services.

I've spent the few weeks making a concerted effort to cut costs.

Firstly, I cancelled DirecTV @ $125/month. I bought an OTA antenna and 2 Roku boxes. My antenna pulls about 55 stations between Madison and Milwaukee, including the majors like ABC, CBS, PBS, Fox, etc... FREE. The Roku boxes give me over 600 "channels" of live streams and on demand content - hundreds of thousands of things to watch. FREE.

Also have a Netflix subscription - $8/month.

I slashed my internet speed and am now paying $18/month.

Sprint has a new plan for unlimited calls/text for $45/month. Boom. Don't need "data", can do that through my wifi.

For a home phone I have a magic-jack. $20 year, call anywhere in the US. Works beautifully. Doubles as a fax line.

And auto insurance - I shopped around. Those cute little Geico commercials have some truth to them. They cut my auto insurance from ~$45/month to $24/month.

So, when added altogether, it's roughly $98/month for all the above services. I am saving THOUSANDS per year now.

Just some food for thought for anyone looking to cut costs.
\I remember when I lived in the woods with none of that for a year.Literaly off the land. I have all that bullshit now. every channel dish offers. I remember when cable came out, if I have to pay tor tv I dont want it. Shit. I am wanting to wean myself from all that myself.How do you shuck that modern tit? Go hit the woods again, Heh heh.

Brown Thumb

\I remember when I lived in the woods with none of that for a year. I have all that bullshit now. every channel dish offers. I remember when cable came out, if I have to pay tor tv I dont want it. Shit. I am wanting to wean myself from all that myself.How do you shuck that modern tit? Go hit the woods again, Heh heh.
That is like pulling a kid off a tit while Milking it. Good luck!

BarG

Founding Member
I think the younger generation is more in trouble than mine. I have done it once I can do it again. I'm not sure you could pull me off a tit .:cool:

FALaholic

I shoot a Rem. 700, 300 winmag. All my friends call it sit stay, because when I shoot something it sit's and stays.

220gr Sierra Matchking BTHP?
Fine I'll bring my S&W 500, 500gr flat nose soft point (1580 fps). Its my "this 'll hurt me more than it hurts you", pocket pistol.

Southern Planter

Can't argue with the 8mil. Comm block's 30-06.

When I was a kid the men I looked up to, such as my uncle, had 30-06s converted from old military guns to gorgeous deer rifles. Odd how the younger generation gravitated to the bunnywabbit pop guns like the .223. By the time I could afford to have a custom made 06 the nice ones were long gone. God bless the Commies, they still have billions of "new" (75 to 100 year old) bolt action rifles squirreled away in factory cosmoline.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
It sounds like hunting season is getting close. This thread started out being about

TV, Cell Phone, Home Phone, Internet, and Insurance

There's NOTHING about guns in there...is there?

I think the mods have left this one go way too long. I think the original author of this thread has been insulted enough.

If you want to start a thread on guns...start a thread on guns.

I really don't understand what is so freakin' hard to understand about not going OFF TOPIC.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
It sounds like hunting season is getting close. This thread started out being about

TV, Cell Phone, Home Phone, Internet, and Insurance

There's NOTHING about guns in there...is there?

I think the mods have left this one go way too long. I think the original author of this thread has been insulted enough.

If you want to start a thread on guns...start a thread on guns.

I really don't understand what is so freakin' hard to understand about not going OFF TOPIC.
AMEN Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.