Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hi from Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boboro

I was just havein some fun with Kunck. I had chickens ducks an rabbets, An I just cant eat the critters out my yard.But I can eat yalls. Mine got cute names. An will get in my lap.

DGBAMA

I was just havein some fun with Kunck. I had chickens ducks an rabbets, An I just cant eat the critters out my yard.But I can eat yalls. Mine got cute names. An will get in my lap.

First rule of survival......don't name the food before it IS food. Lol.

Answering the question "what's for dinner" with "Fluffy & Jake" sounds funny.

Our pigs got named......but it was always something like Pork Chop or Ham Steak.

rose

What do you do with animals who have outlived their stay at your place?

John

I'm not clear on the question? Like if they doa do we hold a full moon ritual, dance naked and sacrifice a virgin :p

If you're asking when time is up...it's not up here. We are a forever home kinda place/reason there is a limit to what we can take in. Just tonight we turned down a beautiful wolf. At one time we had 9 but only dragons live forever. We take in a lot of elderly animals/particularly from elderly folks who either doa or have to change living arrangements. We only work with directors for a few mainstream shelters, wildlife from county animal control, things like that. Occasionally someone from the public 'in the wild' if they know someone who knows us. We specialize in flying under the radar bc we got weary of the ppl that 'wanna get rid of' thing. We do quite a bit with feral kitties that need relocation if their colony is compromised. I think we're the only ones in the area that will take kitties that are feluk, fip or fiv positive. When we went to catch the 23 ducks came home with an elderly 3 leg 1 eye Pyrenees, Rex, who was probably going to be shot and the guy was serious/fello was closing up his small farm where he raised meat animals, and we took Rex's son, young pup maybe 3 months old (that was an after thought), bought the only pig he had (pot belly), didn't even know he had a pig, who was terrified bc she had never been socialized, no bedding just rocky pen, corn only, just kinda freaked little lady, bought rest of the hens no one wanted and the blind hen was a freebie. Had to pass on the donkey and that was hard/he was a love. The fello was not a jerk by any means/just animals to him were a different thing, that's all. The pup we took, fello bred for pups, only one left, mother killed a few birds so he shot her/reason we knew Rex would probably meet the same fate. Here's the kicker tho...he was willing to shoot Rex, that he had for a long time, and was delighted we would take him, then starts bugging us the next week to come see this dog he loves so much. I said it's polite to be invited to someone's home, not invite yourself and I'm thinking you were going to shoot him and now he's so special to you it gives you the right to invade my personal space? I don't put up with that and we are not a petting zoo or afternoon entertainment/go see the animals sorta thing. Can't count how many times I've heard...want to come see your animals. I moved out into the woods from the city bc I want privacy. Country folks respect that but city folk don't seem to make that connection ya know? (Not all city folk/swear I'm not prejudiced, mostly ;)) And actually tho it might sound like I don't like the man we got Rex from, I do/found aspects of him that are truly endearing. It's just the brain dead mentality that gets me going. I want to say can you show the hell up? Maybe if he smoked he'd be a little more alert :p

Can't save them all...but like The Starfish Story...

Once upon a time, there was a wise man who used to go to the ocean to do his writing. He had a habit of walking on the beach before he began his work.

One day, as he was walking along the shore, he looked down the beach and saw a human figure moving like a dancer. He smiled to himself at the thought of someone who would dance to the day, and so, he walked faster to catch up.

As he got closer, he noticed that the figure was that of a young man, and that what he was doing was not dancing at all. The young man was reaching down to the shore, picking up small objects, and throwing them into the ocean.

He came closer still and called out "Good morning! May I ask what it is that you are doing?"

The young man paused, looked up, and replied "Throwing starfish into the ocean."

"I must ask, then, why are you throwing starfish into the ocean?" asked the somewhat startled wise man.

To this, the young man replied, "The sun is up and the tide is going out. If I don't throw them in, they'll die."

Upon hearing this, the wise man commented, "But, young man, do you not realize that there are miles and miles of beach and there are starfish all along every mile? You can't possibly make a difference!"

At this, the young man bent down, picked up yet another starfish, and threw it into the ocean. As it met the water, he said, "It made a difference for that one."

Status
Not open for further replies.