Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Would anyone here be interested in helping moderate the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
It seems like the site gets attacked everyday. The other day day we had 21 people on the site at one time and about 19 of them were spammers. These members (probably only one person) were registering as fast as they could so they/he could use my server to send their spam.

I'm not sure what rewards I can offer for your assistance, but I'll try to figure something out...maybe some free leaf?

Nobody will be obligated to be on the site at any specific time, but if you're here and see something wrong, I'd like you to be able to do what you can...if you are so inclined.

Thanks,
Don

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
i check it often i can do it, no need to give me anything other than a good informational resource and that's already done.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I'd be happy to help. You may find that a closed registration (like Roy does on HTGT), which requires an email request (make a special address for this, so it doesn't foul up other email inboxes), will be necessary to catch the bulk of the spam and robo-registrations. The image capcha is only about 70% effective against non-human registration requests, and brute force robo-registration can easily get past it. Perhaps there are additional options in the registration path that may help. You might want to inquire with the vBulletin tech support people regarding available methods.

Bob

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Thanks again guys. I've upgraded the registration process and it looks like it might have worked (they were coming in one after another all day). As a moderator, you would be able to suspend accounts that you thought were spammers, edit posts that are spam or that use foul language...you know...all of the stuff you guys would warn me about, but instead of warning me, you'd just take care of it. The only thing you wouldn't be able to do is to permanently remove or delete a user or a thread/post.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
im not knowledegable enough to be a mod....

im a beginner myself,,,,

allthough i like this site,,, and htgt,,,,,,

i am on both sites a lot,,,, if i see a issue i'll p.m. you

and fmgrowit i take it this is your website,,,,

'' DAMN GOOD JOB..'',,,,

i'll spread the word to some of my friends that have seen my sucess and want to try thier hand at baccy growing next year.,...

a good website is very helpfull to someone who has no clue how to grow baccy,,

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Don,

I am on the site a couple of times a day. I am not as computer savvy as some of the blokes out there.
However, you tell me what to look for and I'll do my share.

Is there an info site where I can learn what to look for?

John

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Thank you for the offer. Since I wrote the first post, I've implemented some mechanical safeguards to prevent spammers from registering and it seems to be working so far, but you gave me some good ideas for making seed grow-outs more attractive.

Thanks

Libsk8r1

It seems like the site gets attacked everyday. The other day day we had 21 people on the site at one time and about 19 of them were spammers. These members (probably only one person) were registering as fast as they could so they/he could use my server to send their spam.

I'm not sure what rewards I can offer for your assistance, but I'll try to figure something out...maybe some free leaf?

Nobody will be obligated to be on the site at any specific time, but if you're here and see something wrong, I'd like you to be able to do what you can...if you are so inclined.

Thanks,
Don
Hi Don I’m still a student in my eyes but I would be interested I have become an avid reader of tobacco sense I first started growing 3 years ago and ever sense finding FTT I’ve been able to hone my focus ❤️ As far as advise giving on cultivation I’m still noob lvl. But if you need help with spammers I’d love to help
-Ryan

ChinaVoodoo

Hi Don I’m still a student in my eyes but I would be interested I have become an avid reader of tobacco sense I first started growing 3 years ago and ever sense finding FTT I’ve been able to hone my focus ❤ As far as advise giving on cultivation I’m still noob lvl. But if you need help with spammers I’d love to help
-Ryan
Thank you for the offer. This thread is from 2012 when the forum was just in its infancy. Wow, hey? Right now there isn't an open call for moderators.

Good news, though! Any member can help out--and such help is much appreciated--by reporting spam when they see it. It gets flagged, and we don't have to sift through every thread to maybe find it.

Libsk8r1

Thank you for the offer. This thread is from 2012 when the forum was just in its infancy. Wow, hey? Right now there isn't an open call for moderators.

Good news, though! Any member can help out--and such help is much appreciated--by reporting spam when they see it. It gets flagged, and we don't have to sift through every thread to maybe find it.
Absolutely I wouldn’t begin to be useful as a moderator anyway but I figured I could forward things that I see to you or another moderator

Davo

Ahi Ka - Well-Known Member
Well if dons original offer for free leaf still stands...assuming freight to nz and customs fees are included...then tell me where to sign up ;)

Oldfella

Well if dons original offer for free leaf still stands...assuming freight to nz and customs fees are included...then tell me where to sign up ;)
Thank you for the offer. Since I wrote the first post, I've implemented some mechanical safeguards to prevent spammers from registering and it seems to be working so far, but you gave me some good ideas for making seed grow-outs more attractive.

Thanks
If I can help with that I'm happy to. As I'm on the forum a lot, if I see anything that looks suspicious I can send you a pm. The forum has given me enough help I'd be happy to return the favor.
Oldfella

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I figured I could forward things that I see to you or another moderator
if I see anything that looks suspicious I can send you a pm.
Oldfella
If you click on the report button at bottom left of the post it sends an alert to the mods to hustle over and check it out. Spam, fights, politics. It’s not nearly as bad as it was in the beginning what with modern technology and all. It used to be done through the postal service. :LOL:
Thanks guys.

Libsk8r1

If you click on the report button at bottom left of the post it sends an alert to the mods to hustle over and check it out. Spam, fights, politics. It’s not nearly as bad as it was in the beginning what with modern technology and all. It used to be done through the postal service. :LOL:
Thanks guys.
Oh ya lol

Status
Not open for further replies.