Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Metal ring gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Yeah I have a caliper..but thanks for that marcl that gauge is wat im after..I dont think fm (bob) will mind...he might have to make a whole leaf one.lol

Fm (Don) Deluxestogie (Bob)
Do you use a cigar mold? I was wondering why ring gauge is important. Sometimes I feel like having a two leaf cigar, sometimes I want a two and a halfer.

BarG

Founding Member
I looked up ring sizes today and realized my average start at about 54 and up.
one ring size equals 1/64 " .

jekylnz

Fm (Don) Deluxestogie (Bob)
Do you use a cigar mold? I was wondering why ring gauge is important. Sometimes I feel like having a two leaf cigar, sometimes I want a two and a halfer.

Yeah sorry Don I do know your name..yesterday was one of those days...alzheimers at 34??

Knucks im looking for molds.not to keen to buy off ebay plus postage down here...but not many other options....I .dont use them at the moment (just paper)..I dont care about consistent size..just when rolling for others requests (weddings etc.)

Last edited:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Do you think a half circle router bit would work cutting to halves for a mold or do you need the special over lap type mold??

There's a couple posts on here in the cigar forum showing some home made molds. Drill a hole through a block of wood, then cut the block in half through the hole. Different drills, different cigar diameters.

BarG

Founding Member
Aring gauge can't be accurate down the length of a cigar unless it passes all the way the length. I suggest you give it a good roll to even out the dia. before checking the ring gauge. Watch for ribs on wrappers.

BarG

Founding Member
Aring gauge can't be accurate down the length of a cigar unless it passes all the way the length. I suggest you give it a good roll to even out the dia. before checking the ring gauge. Watch for ribs on wrappers.
If any one is seriouslly wanting a ring gauge from metal I will be happy to ablige. specify sizes from 1/2" -.1" in 64th's of an inch/ Just kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.