Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

WLT Midwest Update - NEW SITE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
Hello all.

The payment system has FINALLY been fixed. Paypal had decided to shut me off for selling "tobacco products" regardless of the fact that tobacco leaves are not legally considered to be tobacco products according to the TTB (Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau). Despite numerous conversations with Paypal and sending them multiple rulings and legal documents pertaining to leaf tobacco, they insisted they could not permit use of their service for payment processing due to un-explained "liability issues".

This put me in a bind on getting the site operational again in a timely manner as I had to switch payment processors. I am now using Authorize.net for our payment system, but it took a few more days to get everything up and running. They are currently the largest online payment processor, used by over 350,000 merchants. If you've ordered anything else online you've likely used Authorize.net at some point.

While it was unfortunate that I couldn't process orders for the past week, I took advantage of the situation and launched the NEW site. Please have a look at the new www.wltmidwest.com.

The site is still being configured and tweaked as I type this, but orders can be placed. If you have any trouble with the new site, please let us know.

Again, I would like to apologize to anyone who has not been able to place an order this past week. Hopefully this situation will not arise again in the future.

Smokesec, Congrats on your new enterprize and lots of luck. I still use the paypal with bill me later option for whole leaf purchases. Have you looked into that.

webmost

Paypal had decided to shut me off for selling "tobacco products"

Here are the actual PayPal rules:

[h=3]Prohibited Activities[/h]You may not use the PayPal service for activities that .... violate applicable laws or industry regulations regarding the sale of (a) tobacco products, or ...

This is a far cry from "shut me off from selling tobacco." The last two cigar purchases I made, I used PayPal. There's gotta be something else to this story. Would you please shoot me a PM with your phone, or else ping me at tree owe too tree fore feyve seerow ate seerow sebben so we can discuss what transpired? I have several projects under way which depend on a sure answer.

Thanks

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
You may not use the PayPal service for activities that .... violate applicable laws or industry regulations regarding the sale of (a) tobacco products, or ...

This is a far cry from "shut me off from selling tobacco."... There's gotta be something else to this story.

Thanks
It's no joke. When ignorant people want to save the world single handedly, they see things that aren't there.

I've been shut down from pp in the past for selling a non-tobacco product. I finally got someone to understand and they gave me a "pre-approved tobacco account", but I still can't accept mastercard.

Status
Not open for further replies.