Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Gluten Free Cigar

Status
Not open for further replies.

gh0st

Hey guys. I consider myself a green smoker (pun intended). I haven't been smoking for long, but I do enjoy smoking cigarillos with coffee. Recently I was diagnosed with celiac disease and I found that my morning cig and coffee made me really sick. So I was trying to figure out what was it and low and behold I found that cigars are typically not gluten free! The glue contains a wheat base.

There are some glues that do not contain this wheat base and are gluten free. I wanted to know if there was a way to find out which glues a cigar used, or if such information could only be obtained by contacting the right people at the cigar company.

Maybe this isn't the best place to ask this question as you are all growers/rollers yourself, but I guess a question more catered to you guys would be: Is there are way to roll my own cigarillos? I've seen cigar wrappers, and things like that, but not cigarillos themselves. I'm a noob when it comes to all of this.

thanks in advance.

Knucklehead

Founding Member

DonH

Nicotine itself is a bowel stimulant, and is likely what is causing your distress.

Bob
That's a lot different than feeling sick. For those with the gluten sensitivity gene, very small amounts of gluten will cause large problems.

gh0st

The thing is it's not an allergy, it's an actual auto immune disorder. Meaning if gluten is in my system my body starts to attack the duodenum so it won't absorb it, and in doing so I can't absorb other foods (leaving me malnourished).

I hate having to explain to people that I'm not doing this because my tummy hurts(or because of the fad diets), but rather that I cannot survive with gluten in my system.

Thanks for the advice guys

Fisherman

Wow.... I am glad you explained that Mr Ghost.
It sheds a whole new lite on the subject for sure and welcome to the forum.

DonH

It's pretty easy to roll cigarillos. Get some whole leaf from www.wholeleaftobacco.com cut some leaf in squares about the size of extra large rolling papers then roll up some shredded tobacco in one of the squares. It works best to roll diagonally. Use pectin mixed with a little water for glue. Tastes way better than cigarette papers. Burns much slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.