Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Aleman tobaccos have been listed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaDave

There is a rumor floating around that there is one bale of something...I don't know what it is. I'm trying to get my hands on it as soon as possible. I just hope it isn't the bale I returned because of bug infestation.

I would say at this point, if re-treated, it would be a joy to have more, even if it's only good enough for filler, and a few smaller winter smokes. It is a great tobacco that especially blends well with Brazilian Mata Fina, and other tobaccos.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Even buggy leaf can make excellent filler and often binder. Although bug holes from tobacco beetles can be located anywhere on the leaf, they seem to concentrate near the central vein, which has little impact on the usability of the leaf.

Don had a batch of Besuki wrapper that was buggy, and that he felt was not compatible with his standards for sale. He graciously offered it to me. That leaf has been serving me as a substantial supply of excellent single and double binders. Out of the very large batch, there were only a few leaves that ended up as filler. Many made perfect wrappers.

I would say that a bale of Aleman that may have bug holes would have to have suffered catastrophic damage in order to render it useless.

Garden20141025_1617_BesukiLeaf_beetleDamage_300.jpg

The photo above shows one of the more badly damaged Besuki leaves. As you can see, even the right half could serve as a wrapper for a medium size cigar, while the left half will wrap a large cigar. When stemmed and overlaid, the two halves together make a sturdy double binder for any size cigar. [As I type this, I am smoking a 6 x 60 cigar bound and wrapped in this very leaf. Filler is San Andres, 2 y/o Comstock Spanish tips, FL Sumatra tips and Nicaragua Habano viso. Some major deliciousness going on here.]

So, eye sore aside, this homely, bug-riddled wrapper leaf worked well as 1 wrapper and 1 binder for a large cigar.

Bob

Gdaddy

Unique (good) flavor is supreme imho.

There are many great wrappers but unusual and delicious filler are the meat and potatoes. A few holes wouldn't bother me if the flavor is top notch. My two cents.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a very mild guy. My cigars vary.

Seriously, that blend was overflowing with flavors and aromas, but the nicotine was about medium.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.