Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Aleman tobaccos have been listed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
The new old stock Aleman tobaccos have been listed HERE.

Those who have tried it say some pretty nice things about it. All of these tobaccos have a very limited availability. The Ligero is limited to about 100 lbs left in the world.

Last edited:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I know what I'm getting for Christmas. And my brother in law. I may have to leave a little Perique or Latakia out for Santa instead of the usual cookies. He's a pipe man, you know.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The various Aleman (áh-lay-mahn) tobaccos that I have sampled are genuinely unique. The are deeply flavored, smooth, incredibly well aged.

• The dark wrapper is excellent, and adds an earthy, almost chocolaty dimension to whatever it wraps.
  • The seco binder also makes a great wrapper--milder than the dark wrapper. The leaves that I received had a few tiny holes near the narrow stalk end of the leaf--a part that is usually trimmed away during rolling.
  • The Aleman ligero is ferociously powerful, but a single strip among 4 other filler leaf strips is not too strong. It adds an intensity of flavor that's hard to find elsewhere.
Since Aleman is the Spanish word for "German," I really didn't expect much. I was wrong. This is a wonderful addition to the cigar blender's choices.

Bob

Matty

I've tried the Aleman, I like it. The ligero is quite rich and robust. I got some of the Aleman oscuro wrapper as well, I was expecting it to be a darker color? I shall order some more for my "collection" lol.

Matty

Got some leaf in the mail today :) First thing I rolled up was dominican seco wrapped in the Aleman seco banda. Nice. Pleasant aroma and good flavor. All those who have been rockin' the maduro wrapper should really try the Aleman seco banda, I highly recommend it.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I rolled a cigar yesterday (smoked it today) using 2 leaves of the Aleman Ligero filler with 1/2 leaf of Capote Sumatra filler. 1/2 leaf Aleman Oscuro Capa/Banda wrapper/binder for the binder, and a 1/2 leaf of Corojo wrapper. I was a little worried about the "ligero" word, but I didn't find it too strong at all. As a matter of fact, I found it to be fairly mild with wonderful flavor. I inhaled about every fourth puff. I highly recommend the Aleman filler and the Aleman Oscuro Capa Banda wrapper/binder. The flavor will make an excellent complement to many cigar blends.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Thanks Knucks

BTW...the Sumatra Capote is a binder...not a filler, but it can certainly be used as a filler.

The Aleman Oscuro Capa is by far the best deal on the site....a $22 wrapper? I wish I can get my other wrappers for that price.

Aaron

I got some of the Aleman Seco on my last order. I'm really enjoying it mixed in at about 10% in my pipe blends. I find it mild and smooth and it seems to add a pleasing aromatic quality to the smoke. It's a keeper in my book.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Where are the Aleman tobaccos grown?

It was grown in Germany and like almost all cigar tobaccos, sent to the DR to be fermented. It was then warehoused in the DR. While this tobacco was being warehoused, the company that owned it went out of business. The tobacco was then purchased by my supplier...so when it's gone...it gone.

I'll likely be able to get a few more bales before it runs out for good, but there are no guarantees.

Wilbur

I just received the Aleman Seco & Aleman Capa/Banda. These leaves are so awesome that it made me join the forum and share my thoughts.

These leaves have a great aromatic quality to them. Quite cedary/pine-like, incense-like, reminding me of a very mild Latakia without the floral-ness of Latakia. Aleman leaves are very well aged.

Though I don't think the Capa/Banda is of the wrapper quality because of the damages and holes the leaves have, the current pricing makes it a great deal. And indeed about 70-80% of the leaves are usable as binder/wrapper. For the taste alone, this is a great find.

For my use, Seco leaves make a great filler. It really adds an extra dimension to the cigar blends. It brings a slight earthy smoky cedar notes with a noticeable sweetness.

Here is a cigar blend recipe I tried using the aleman leaves. This is one of the better ones I rolled. I plan to roll about 5 or so and let them meld for a month or two.

Filler: 1.5 Dom Seco, 0.5 Aleman Seco
Binder/Wrapper: Aleman Seco & Aleman Capa/Banda

Matty

I bought a bunch of the Alemans for similar reasons. The ligero is quite the thing, really comes through a blend.

jojjas

I was fortunate to buy one of the last lbs of Aleman seco banda , is there a chance that it will be available again , or is there any other similar cigar leaf that i could buy , becouse it became my favourite leaf , it adds just that little extra to my cigars , infact i add a tiny strips to my pipetobacco as well
Thanks
Mikael

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
There is a rumor floating around that there is one bale of something...I don't know what it is. I'm trying to get my hands on it as soon as possible. I just hope it isn't the bale I returned because of bug infestation.

Status
Not open for further replies.