Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Some Sort of Catapiller in my Flower Bags

Status
Not open for further replies.

rose

Probably why the search function didn't give any relevant hits :rolleyes: So if those bags are on the plant wouldn't using Orthene, a systemic, not to be used around plants intended for food, be dangerous? I'm reading that areas sprayed with Orthene should not be used for food crops for one year and to pull any plants exposed. Do the bags prevent the Orthene from reaching the tobacco?

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Plenty of Orthene get through the organza bags that I use and on to the flower heads. It would be defeating the purpose of using it if it didn't.

Brown Thumb

When I Removed the bag and checked each one for holes or eaten away. They are like new yet.
I pulling all the damaged seed pods off it was a pain in the butt, just to add to my pains in the butt.
I do not think they go thru nylon.
butt what do I know.
BT

Boboro

Ive used it but don't like to. I like to grow chem. free, But I want lose a years work to be chem. free.

rose

No Chem. for me I had enough of them Years ago.

While the chem companies say safe with their own research to back that up, the permaculture sites disagree with their own research, so it's as always... personal choice.

Plus the chems kill the bees...and that makes me sad :(

BarG

Founding Member
My bagged 2012 maryland 609 had bud worms and they had a hole in damn near every bud but a dozen or less. I still had no problem using undamaged buds for a good crop 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.