Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What is This Cigar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern Planter

Can anyone tell me what type of cigar this is?

Does it have a name?

It's been in my humidor for years, all I can remember is the person who gave it to me called it a "primitive".

I can't even remember who gave it to me.

You guys have got me jazzed to make and smoke home made cigars, so now I'm ready to try it.

When I searched "primitive cigar" I got all sorts of nonsense about t-shirts.

Pic of the cigar on top of my humidor.

cigar.jpg

Southern Planter

I just smoked it.

Dang that was nice. I now feel foolish for blowing 20 bucks for snooty cigars. The ash was worthy of Churchill's long ash gag. On looking at the butt in the light, I discovered that the ash stayed on because the glue seam did not burn. It seems to have high nicotine content. The flavor was wonderful. Now I need the patience to wait for my crop to cure and age so I can role my own.

Indianamac, you have a copyright on Mcfuglie? LOL

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I was going to grow some cigar varieties each year until I messed around and bought some of Don's Nicaraguan filler and Maduro wrapper. I don't think I can grow anything to even come close. Now I'm hooked. If you can spare the cabbage, it's well worth the price.

Southern Planter

I was going to grow some cigar varieties each year until I messed around and bought some of Don's Nicaraguan filler and Maduro wrapper. I don't think I can grow anything to even come close. Now I'm hooked. If you can spare the cabbage, it's well worth the price.

I haven't had so much fun since I was gold mining in the desert years ago. Growing tobacco is such a hoot it has given me a new lease on life. I might buy some of his stuff for practice though.

Indianamac

I just smoked it.

Dang that was nice. I now feel foolish for blowing 20 bucks for snooty cigars. The ash was worthy of Churchill's long ash gag. On looking at the butt in the light, I discovered that the ash stayed on because the glue seam did not burn. It seems to have high nicotine content. The flavor was wonderful. Now I need the patience to wait for my crop to cure and age so I can role my own.

Indianamac, you have a copyright on Mcfuglie? LOL

Why yes I do!:cool:

As a matter of fact, I just rolled 4 little McFuglies. They are made up of (1) full leaf of Nic. Ligero, (1) Habano Viso- as fillers and (1/2) Criollo 98 as a binder and (1/2) PA Oscuro as a wrapper. Here is one below.

Cigars first roll 9-6-13 001.jpg

Letting it dry a bit, then off to the humidor for a littlr seasoning.

Indianamac

Hey Southern Planter,

I was in Chicago last week and bought a couple of commercials. One was an LTD (La Flor Dominicana), Colorado Oscuro. As I was smoking it, I realized that it was no better tasting than the Dom. Seco, Dom. Ligero hand rolls that I made a week ago. I didn't spend $20, but I was thinking, Damn-wish I hadn't foregot my hand rolls before leaving for my trip. Roll your own is much better in my opinion. Glad I and yourself also, found this great hobby.

Indianamac

I'm digg'n the Nicaraguan fillers + Habano Viso binder and a Maduro wrapper.

Sorry for hi-jacking your thred Southern. I just get so hyped up about rolling my own and sharing with my brethren cigarist. ROLL-ON Bros.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Most of my smokes, look like the one you displayed. They may look rough, but all mine have been a good smoking experience.
The only reason to make a cigar look perfect is if you plan to sell them to consumers. I find it's fun to roll a visibly flawless cigar now and then, but mostly for an ego boost. Rolling a perfectly smokable cigar is all that counts.

Bob

Indianamac

The only reason to make a cigar look perfect is if you plan to sell them to consumers. I find it's fun to roll a visibly flawless cigar now and then, but mostly for an ego boost. Rolling a perfectly smokable cigar is all that counts.

Bob

When I share my smokes with others, they kinda look at them funny. However, after they smoke them, they are always pleased. You are correct Bob, it does not matter how they look and all about how they smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.