Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Corojo Cigar Wrapper WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonH

Here is what I wrote reviewing a sample of this stuff:

Excellent! I love this wrapper. Easy to work with. As for the flavor, I would place it midway between the Bezuki and the Maduro. It has a winey taste, also nutty. Whereas with the Maduro the pepperiness comes through strongest. But the Corojo tastes darker than the Bezuki.

Would be an excellent addition to the lineup.

Great new fall line-up on the site, Don!

MarcL

This looks and smells really nice. I can hardly wait to get into it. I must sound like a broken record but, it's true. Can you tell me where this was grown?

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Can you tell me where this was grown?

The variety was originally grown exclusively in the Vuelta Abajo region of Cuba. Today, true Corojo is grown only in the Jamastran valley of Honduras.

Known as the "King of Wrappers", Corojo was used exclusively to wrap Cuban cigars during its heyday in the 1930's through the 1950's and continued through post revolution and even into the 1990's. The last crop of Cuban Corojo was harvested in 1996.

AmaxB

Yep got some of this today, have not opened the bag yet but it is lookin real good! The Ecuador Shade and Maduro are pretty damn fine too.

MarcL

I'm pissed ! Who ever bought all of the rest of this Corojo wrapper better sell me some. I wish I putt some in my order last week. Unless Don could get some more?

pakidaho

Opened up my tracking this morning to find it had been marked as delivered. I sat here looking around realizing no one had checked the mail box yesterday. It is about ten degrees outside and snowing horizontally so much so one would wonder if they would find their way to the mail box (about a thousand feet up the drive to the highway), let alone find the way back home. I pondered a few moments but the draw to my cigar loving spirit was too much, plus I was concerned that someone could have decided the contents of my mail box should become theirs. I decided I would hop in the car and drive to the mail box...yes I was brave but only for a seriously good reason. Obviously I did find my way back and I assure you I made it to the box and I did retrieve my treasure. Now open...wow that was wrapped nicely and boy the smells are fantastic. Four glorious pounds of Corojo wrapper tobacco. Dilema.... let the cows and goats wait to be fed till after I wrap a cigar or wait and continue my anticipation. Thanks Don, I appreciate being able to purchase such fine tobacco, your efforts must be many but for sure you help put smiles on plenty of faces...sort of like santa righht?

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Pak, please don't implicate me with anything having to do with Santa Claus...I'm walking on thin ice with him as it is and I really, really, really, really want that BB gun this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.