Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

My down under grow log

Status
Not open for further replies.

jekylnz

20131012_121449.jpg20131012_121440.jpg

Well ive got some starts in..been growing for a few of weeks now (since sept.9.planted date) 90% germination 7 days later..so I ended up with more than expected. .as I wasn't expecting such a high outcome rate..
At the moment most of them are cigar types besides some oriental..I will still be planting some Burley and flue types for cigarettes soon..I think it will be a good idea to have them maturing at different times..now I know ive got plenty of season to grow

springheal

Bloody hell. Are you growing for all of us kiwis:p

You're going to be real busy soon.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
That's a lot of seedlings. Good luck on your season. We'll be following along all winter! I love it, this is like the season premier of my favorite TV show. lol.

jekylnz

I thought id better add something to my grow log so here's what I've been up to so far. .I put some seed down on the 2nd (late) and most have come up in the last 5 days..well the one's that will. .
View attachment 8455View attachment 8456

I had 5 aztec seed so I was hoping to get at least one of those germinated for more seed. .and that's all I got 1..

Thhs is what's germinated so far

Ttl strts/ type / germ. / approx. %
53 Oxford 37 80%
33 cherry 19 70%
53 shrly drk. 23 70%
43 ky burl. 33 70%
41 mry.lnd.. 11 25%
22 gldn burl. 11 50%

I thought that's not bad for 5 days aye..

springheal

He sure is. I can imagine Todd saying later----Where am I going to put them all:p

Seanz

ha ha ha im hearing ya pots has turned into a bed lol my flatmate was kind enough to score me some sleepers so i am getting a bed sorted dug over adding chip and mulch then a layer of top soil to fill with veges.... yeah right a row of cab, brocolli chillies in pots then filling it up with bacca.

jekylnz

ha ha ha im hearing ya pots has turned into a bed lol my flatmate was kind enough to score me some sleepers so i am getting a bed sorted dug over adding chip and mulch then a layer of top soil to fill with veges.... yeah right a row of cab, brocolli chillies in pots then filling it up with bacca.

No room for vegies this year.lol..the woman is pissed that she won't have her tomatoes and lettuce grow'n .
I've been thinking about using my fences and make some of these out of weed matting
http://www.searchmobileonline.com/s...nter&act=3&cat=IMAGES#PhotoSwipe1383939310159

Sorry I haven't been able to get any pic.to upload without issues

springheal

I'm a good fella! I saved some space for tomatoes,lettuce,cauliflower,beans,spring onions,garlic and that maybe about it.

Anything grown in pots requires just too much attention, especially watering. Hanging stuff on the fence is good but be prepared to be constantly nursing them Todd.

jekylnz

I'm a good fella! I saved some space for tomatoes,lettuce,cauliflower,beans,spring onions,garlic and that maybe about it.

Anything grown in pots requires just too much attention, especially watering. Hanging stuff on the fence is good but be prepared to be constantly nursing them Todd.

Yeah maybe set it up in conjunction with a watering system

jekylnz

Still got a heap of seedlings. .got a few people I know keen so at least they won't go to waste

20131112_155830.jpg

Planted some of seans oriental..im trying real close this year so we'll see how it goes

20131112_155849.jpg

Heres some Dutch ohio I planted close to..if they're to restricted I'll just take some out in between

20131112_155904.jpg

Here's my wrapper shade set up..close planting also..cause of my restricted space

20131112_155924.jpg

And repotted some seedlings into single pots..maryland 41.cherry red.and golden burley

20131112_160003.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.