Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

free tobacco plants

DrBob

Founding Member
I have 100 Virginia plants I will give to the first taker. They are full grown and might net out 20# of tobacco. I do not want to mess with it. It is in northwestern Wisconsin. Siren area.

taxedenuf

Hi Doc,
They do make good mulch. Pull em and cover with a tarp and by next spring you can use the supplement for the real stuff.

Just my opinion,

Mark in Wi

DrBob

Founding Member
I know that Mark. The poor plants just didn't have a chance this year. 20" of snow in may and 20" of rain in june and a devastating hail storm on August 7 they just didn't recover. But then again someone might make use of them. My burley did recover a lot better but no blue ribbon this year

taxedenuf

We on the east side missed all that and it was a dry year overall but got a few surprising nader's in town from the 8/7 front though.

My first year years ago started with the Coffinails seed pack that included 200 Mcy/200Vg/200/Maryland 609 and the Vg was just a bug infested mess while the others were unaffected and thus my opinion.

I think way back then the flue varieties were givin me a hint.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
My first year years ago started with the Coffinails seed pack that included 200 Mcy/200Vg/200/Maryland 609 and the Vg was just a bug infested mess while the others were unaffected and thus my opinion.I think way back then the flue varieties were givin me a hint.

I'm growing 26 or 29? different flue cure varieties in my grow out patch this year. Some varieties were covered in aphids, while others haven't been touched all year. Grasshoppers were a bigger problem than worms. My first patch of Burley and Virginia K326 was a worm and aphid magnet. I could grow the same varieties next year with completely different results. It's possible there were other variables involved than just the variety.

DrBob

Founding Member
the flue cured seem to be more buggy than the burley's I believe the Virginia was cc-13. It just didn't sucker when I needed it to after the hail stripped it clean in august. Lots of small leaves

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
put them on craigs-list,,,,

im sure someone will grab them up...

DrBob

Founding Member
I just Gave them away! A local first year grower will get them this morning so they will not go to waste. I am sure he will make good use of them.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Remember there is always next year .
That's what all farmers say when they have a distressed crop .
Believe me I have said it several times .

DrBob

Founding Member
I have all of last year's crop just aging in storage 1/2 of the year before crop in storage ready for shredding 1/3 of the year before that crop ready for shredding. and of course 1/2 of this year's crop is hanging. If I did not have that much I would have hung the Virginia.
Next year I will plant less and buy more whole leaf tobacco. And try for a giant pumpkin for a change