Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

STILLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
A buddy of Mine is paying Me to build a 75 gallon still this winter. It is legal to have 150 gallons here in NM. LOL ( smokin and drinkin), Somthing to that... OH tellin lies.......

janetta007

Stills are legal to have it's just what you produce in them that is not.
[h=3]Federal Distillation Laws[/h]Federal law states that it is legal to own a still of any size. It doesn't matter if you have a 1 gallon still or a 100 gallon still. According to the feds, it is legal to have a still for decoration, distilling water, distilling essential oils, etc. The still does not need to be registered with anyone and no permits are needed. However, it is illegal to distill alcohol without having either a "distilled spirits permit" or a "federal fuel alcohol permit." It does not matter if the alcohol is for personal use only, not for sale, etc.

janetta007

The Federal Fuel Alcohol Permit is free and easy to get. We've never heard of anyone being denied the permit and have never heard of anyone even being checked up on. Just be advised that the feds will expect that you're putting your alcohol in you lawnmower, and not drinking it!

janetta007

[h=3]Still Registration and Reporting[/h]Federal Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau regulations state that still manufacturers need to begin providing customer info, upon request, if asked to do so. This does not include information on past customers. The rules merely state that manufacturers need to begin reporting once asked to do so (which only applies from that point forward).

workhorse_01

Also when distilling alcohol made with the TOB permit, every 100 gal must be rendered undrinkable with two gal. of gasoline. No amount of distilled spirits are allowed in the United states, without being denatured (with a permit) or without a distillers permit, and a bonded room.:cool:

jekylnz

Also when distilling alcohol made with the TOB permit, every 100 gal must be rendered undrinkable with two gal. of gasoline. No amount of distilled spirits are allowed in the United states, without being denatured (with a permit) or without a distillers permit, and a bonded room.:cool:

Some guys ive met drink meths if that's all they've got..I don't think the gas would stop them.haha

DGBAMA

It only is required to be denatured/poisoned if it is to leave the property on which it was produced.

bonehead

i don't know how much i would say or reveal, everyones confort level is different but this site has a lot of real good information that is useful . i would compare it to this site and whole leaf growing and that site and alochol making. http://homedistiller.org/forum/ it really shortens the learning curve of what to do and what not to do.

jekylnz

It would be handy distilling your own to case some pipe tobaccofor flake.etc... ...save wasting some good rum on it..
I know guys that found it cheaper making it out of iso propyl..than paying for the sugar..cause it can be quite costly...here anyway. ..unless you can grow sugar cane..alot of the bio fuel companies use sugar cane mulch aftwr the sugar processing companies have finished with it ..youve got carbs and sugars in one..
Does much sugar cane grow in the states? ?

bonehead

It would be handy distilling your own to case some pipe tobaccofor flake.etc... ...save wasting some good rum on it..
I know guys that found it cheaper making it out of iso propyl..than paying for the sugar..cause it can be quite costly...here anyway. ..unless you can grow sugar cane..alot of the bio fuel companies use sugar cane mulch aftwr the sugar processing companies have finished with it ..youve got carbs and sugars in one..
you grow tobacco to get good whole leaf tobacco. you distill alcohol to get good alcohol for whatever purpose you need alcohol for. if you ever try to distill something and have good information you will wounder how the professional distillers make such crap to sell and it is just because they don't like to throw out inferior product because it cuts into there profit. if you knew someone who really was a distiller and tryed his products you would probably try to set up your own still and take that good rum and use it for lighter fluid.
cuts now that is a interesting word. how strict do you make your cuts before you worry about waisting swill?

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member

in my area, a lot of people grow thier own little sugar-cane plots,,,,,,,,,,,,and end up making some damn good CANE SYRUP out of it,

its a long process, ive helped some people do it in the past.

found some pics of that brewing

sam0341k.jpg

sam0338o.jpg

sam0342h.jpg

they told me you can make hooch with the froth that they wiped away,,,they called it '' buck ''

janetta007

A buddy of Mine is paying Me to build a 75 gallon still this winter. It is legal to have 150 gallons here in NM. LOL ( smokin and drinkin), Somthing to that... OH tellin lies.......
I don't know what the cost of making one or buying one would be. I have a website I could link you that sells them up to 10gallons if interested.

workhorse_01

You might even find a member named workhorse on there.
i don't know how much i would say or reveal, everyones confort level is different but this site has a lot of real good information that is useful . i would compare it to this site and whole leaf growing and that site and alochol making. http://homedistiller.org/forum/ it really shortens the learning curve of what to do and what not to do.

workhorse_01

It doesn't matter what is lost as long as the final product is the best obtainable.
you grow tobacco to get good whole leaf tobacco. you distill alcohol to get good alcohol for whatever purpose you need alcohol for. if you ever try to distill something and have good information you will wounder how the professional distillers make such crap to sell and it is just because they don't like to throw out inferior product because it cuts into there profit. if you knew someone who really was a distiller and tryed his products you would probably try to set up your own still and take that good rum and use it for lighter fluid.
cuts now that is a interesting word. how strict do you make your cuts before you worry about waisting swill?

bonehead

(in my area, a lot of people grow thier own little sugar-cane plots,,,,,,,,,,,,and end up making some damn good CANE SYRUP out of it,

its a long process, ive helped some people do it in the past.) i heard about that but never saw it done or tried it. up north it is all about maple syrup.

Status
Not open for further replies.