Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

I'm hearing now that they want to ban menthol cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boboro

I would keep a little Jack in the themus bottle. They figgered that out when I got to high school.

AmaxB

When i was in law school I switched potato chips for tobacco in an old Philip Morous case. The young politically correct students about had a cow.
Only a lawman-yer would make a cure system like yours I've been busy an got 10 orders signed are ya ready for production? First one goes to the WhiteHouse Mrs. Oboma is going to be giving a tobacco gardening class to a bunch of first graders in the spring. Heard they were going to be planting Chinese Burley... Maybe we should not send them one after all let em string it on the front porch.
Now that's a kick in the egg basket....

bonehead

a little over a year ago i was working in hartford for six months and you could get newports for half the price of any other cigarettes at the little bodagas on almost every corner. they had real newports and some newports that were packaged for sale in other countries and bootleg newports. they were not even on the shelf where you could see them you had to know and ask for them. them city folks won't go without there menthol cigarettes. does the goverment really wan't to create another product that they can create a new or bigger war against and collect no taxes on. the cigarette companies will still make menthol cigarettes for export but how many will actually be exported? around here it is easy to get anything illegal. if you can't see all the crap everywhere you are not paying attention. when things get to taxed and expensive there is always someone who will take advantage of the situation. thats how i got introduced to whole leaf and i am glad. the goverment actually did something for me for once.

workhorse_01

Do they put pictures of VD, or herpes on condom packs? or pictures of fat people on ice cream? Or how about pictures of babies being born on beer bottles? We quit public hangings because people didn't want their children seeing dead folks. I'd buy a hard case and remove the smokes then leave the pictures at the counter.

Matty

Do they put pictures of VD, or herpes on condom packs? or pictures of fat people on ice cream? Or how about pictures of babies being born on beer bottles? We quit public hangings because people didn't want their children seeing dead folks. I'd buy a hard case and remove the smokes then leave the pictures at the counter.

A common argument, I agree 100% They could put those silly pictures on everything. Sometimes I think it would be nice to collect those pics from people who buy storebought, cut them out and pin em up on my toolbox, car windows, put a few everywhere. If people don't want to look at them they can help get them off cig packs. Maybe even turn them into a line of t-shirts! Lol

Knucklehead

Founding Member
A common argument, I agree 100% They could put those silly pictures on everything. Sometimes I think it would be nice to collect those pics from people who buy storebought, cut them out and pin em up on my toolbox, car windows, put a few everywhere. If people don't want to look at them they can help get them off cig packs. Maybe even turn them into a line of t-shirts! Lol

I kinda like that idea. Let the people that are forcing them on us have to look at them.

winston-smoker

I doubt menthol cigs will get banned. While "Big Tobacco" doesn't have as much power it used to, it still has a lot of money, and money talks. Do you really think that Lorillard, for example, will just take the demise of its best-selling brand, Newport, sitting down? Just because some idiotic, control-freak, nanny-politicians think such a ban is a good idea? I don't think so.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I saw on FOX news yesterday that a bill just passed the NY city council that raises the legal age to purchase cigarettes from 18 to 21. THAT mayor is predicted to sign it into law any day now.

winston-smoker

I saw on FOX news yesterday that a bill just passed the NY city council that raises the legal age to purchase cigarettes from 18 to 21. THAT mayor is predicted to sign it into law any day now.

Yeah, I heard about it on another smoking forum two days ago. I knew that they were talking about it, but I didn't think they would actually do it! Now we have proof positive that "nanny-state" governments want to keep tobacco away from ADULTS. The only possible rationale behind this misguided action is that they want to stop people from starting smoking in the first place, and have no compunction about abusing the power of the state to accomplish that end. This will just make previously law-abiding young adults into scofflaws, with the result being that respect for law in general will be eroded, as people generally find ways of evading unjust laws. And this is not comparable to raising the drinking age to 21 -- that at least was prompted by a desire to curtail drunken driving by young, inexperienced drivers . . . though even in that case, why deprive the many of a right in order to prevent the irresponsible actions of a few? It seems that the "knee-jerk" reaction of politicians is always to just change laws, or create new laws, instead of enforcing existing laws. My concern about NYC's raising the legal purchase age of tobacco products to 21 is the possibility of a "domino effect," that it will spread elsewhere, just as "dumb ass" outdoor smoking bans have spread elsewhere after having been initiated in NYC.

leverhead

....This will just make previously law-abiding young adults into scofflaws.....that at least was prompted by a desire to curtail drunken driving by young, inexperienced drivers . . .

What's the matter with scofflaws? I am glad that they are trying to leave drunk driving to the older, more experienced drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.