Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What happened to the pipe smokers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
i need to get a pipe for those awesome cigars that start burning my fingers but that im not ready to discard.. was thinking just put the butt in there and enjoy till the end

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Don, How about a section for pipe smokers?
Randy B
Randy, There will be a "Finishing tobacco" forum soon. It will contain posts about various ways to put the final touches on tobacco. Casing recipes for pipe tobacco will be included in that forum. Thanks for keeping suggestions in mind.

pastorj

Seems like the guys here are mostly cigarette or stogie smokers... I pretty much just smoke the pipe now, but smoked cigars some in the past... The reason I switched was because i noticed that my favorite cigars were ones that had flavor added to them (Drew Estate Naturals; all time fav), so I thought I would give pipes a shot... I proceeded to the nearest collection of antique shops (Downtown Hardy, AR), found an old Willard, stopped by a drive thru tobacco shop and got some Captain Black, and that's all she wrote.

JM

BarG

Founding Member
i need to get a pipe for those awesome cigars that start burning my fingers but that im not ready to discard.. was thinking just put the butt in there and enjoy till the end

Your making me laugh, maybe you should add to josh and jokin, in all seriousness.;)
thumbnail.aspx

Tom_in_TN

....my favorite cigars were ones that had flavor added to them (Drew Estate Naturals; all time fav)

Hey, love Drew Estates Naturals, but just to correct you....those do not have flavor added. They are hand-rolled with the good stuff, real tobacco, and no extra flavors (except for the added wintergreen flavoring on the Juicy Lucy's). Age one of the White Rabbits for at least a year and you will have a fine smoke.

CoralReefs

Suburban baccy farmer
Seems like the guys here are mostly cigarette or stogie smokers... I pretty much just smoke the pipe now, but smoked cigars some in the past... The reason I switched was because i noticed that my favorite cigars were ones that had flavor added to them (Drew Estate Naturals; all time fav), so I thought I would give pipes a shot... I proceeded to the nearest collection of antique shops (Downtown Hardy, AR), found an old Willard, stopped by a drive thru tobacco shop and got some Captain Black, and that's all she wrote.

JM

Do you mean Drew Estates 'Acid' cigars? They have herbal additives.

Steve2md

Hey smokes ahoy, what ring gauge cigar do you smoke? I can turn cigar end holders on the wood lathe for you from pretty much any wood you want. After I move of course...

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Hey smokes ahoy, what ring gauge cigar do you smoke? I can turn cigar end holders on the wood lathe for you from pretty much any wood you want. After I move of course...

I always to that. I stopped chewing cigars years ago. I have turned a variety to fit different ring sizes (mostly black walnut). One of the problems of rolling my own is consistency

John

Steve2md

That is why I have started using a press, at least until i get a feel for bundle size. I like the look of cocobolo myself. I tend to use those $2 pen blanks you can get at the wood working store. lots of variety, just have to keep an eye on toxicity of exotic woods

johnlee1933

Founding Member
That is why I have started using a press, at least until i get a feel for bundle size. I like the look of cocobolo myself. I tend to use those $2 pen blanks you can get at the wood working store. lots of variety, just have to keep an eye on toxicity of exotic woods

As I said I make mine mostly out of black walnut or now and then maple. A buddy of mine saw one and asked if I could make him one too. So I did. But I made two. One of the walnut and the other of green doug fir that I stained like walnut. You should have seen the look on his face the first time he put it in his mouth. It was worth the price of admission !!! Then I gave him the walnut one and all was well.

John

SmokeStack

[h=2]Re: What happened to the pipe smokers? [/h]I guess I'm a pipe smoker - I have 58 pipes that I have collected over the years. Here are a few...
pipes 002.jpg
Pipe smoking is what brought me here to the forum. I want to produce my own blends from quality home grown tobaccos. I smoke cigars also and a hell of a lot of cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.