Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Official 2014 seed exchange guidelines.......read before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGBAMA

This thread for those that are interested in exchanging seed with other members for the 2014 growing season. The purpose is to centralize a place to see of who has what seed that they would like to share, and what seed they would like to receive in a uniform and easy to follow format. With enough participation, hopefully we can locate another member that has what we want and wants what we have, creating a simple exchange where even postage evens out.

The guidelines:

Seed offered for exchange should be ONLY from plants of known variety that were properly bagged to prevent cross-pollination. If you have seed you would like to offer which does not meet this criteria you MUST specify (“open pollenated, personal use only, not for redistribution”).

Seed should be germination tested by the grower (make sure it is good) before being offered for exchange; especially for our northern guys with short growing seeds it would be frustrating to say the least to think you have that special seed you have spent a year dreaming about growing, only to find out after 3 weeks of no germination it is not good and there is no time to reorder and replant until next year.

Use “paper towel” starting method for germination testing, It is the easiest to see visually an approximate percentage of seeds germinate. I would recommend at least 100 seeds.

The “business part” of any exchanges to be made should be conducted via PM with the other member.

Post updates; if you run out of an available seed, re-post your list to reflect that so you don’t continue to get inquiries about seed you don’t have. Same for your “want” list; if you have received seed, please remove it from your list.

Updates are not as complicated as it sounds: Create your original post in Word, Notepad, etc on your computer and save the file. Then copy & paste the text to your post. This way you can edit and repost in just a couple minutes.

If you are willing to send seed to other members without an exchange, please put that in your post, such as “will share seed for cost of postage”.

Here is a posting format; If everyone uses the same format then the threads will be much easier to read:

SAMPLE:

Title: DGBAMA 2014 SEED FOR EXCHANGE

I have the following varieties of seed to share:

Variety: Status
1. Silver River (collected)
2. Bursa (ready)
3. Turkish Izmir (expected)
Status mean this: : (expected, collected, or ready; ready indicates that you have test sprouted the seed, collected is just that; you have collected seed but it is not germination tested).

Seeds I would like to grow:

1. BSS Maden
  2. Florida Sumatra
  3. etc…..

Questions about the exchange should be posted here, Questions about a particular variety from an individual member should be posted in their thread/listing. If you wish to participate please create your own thread in this subforum using the following title format:

“(Your Name) 2014 Seed For Exchange”

Members who are “commercial growers”, like Sky & Big Bonner, please start a thread here for your seed/seedlings with variety and prices if you desire. Private individuals, please do not “sell” in this area, This is intended for us as members to benefit eachother, not for someone to make a profit.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
unfortunatlly i had to move, and my bagged plants, had to be tossed, before seed maturity...

allthough i would like to make some request's. for future seed,

im doing some cigar varities next grow, for my cigg. blend,

and have no clue what i want to grow as of right now.

DGBAMA

Feel free to start "chicken 2014 seed needed" i am sure you will get plenty of help. Hate to hear you lost your seed plants.

Boboro

Word and note mite be a little tuff for me. Im gonna look at it and see. I cant find cut and paste and don't know why I shoud.

Boboro

I need the name of the place that has the screens to clean seed and the sizes Im to the place I need to order them. In the past I gust shook um out with window screen.

dino07

seed plants.

Feel free to start "chicken 2014 seed needed" i am sure you will get plenty of help. Hate to hear you lost your seed plants.
o.png
o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.