Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Broken into...again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
New house was broken into, wife's jewelry, my handgun. Nothing else, I am really sick of the world we live in. Atleast, the people that live in it

bonehead

my garage got robed over 20 years ago. it is around 50 yards away from the house. after that happened i put up reed bar over the windows on the inside and an alarm on the doors because i used to hang things to paint and they would set off a motion detector, i found out that when the cops showed up twice in the warm weather when the windows were opened and the parts were swaying. anyone would have to be crazy even to stick there hand through a screen in the house. my two dogs know when someone is on the sidewalk out next to the road. they stand there looking out the window at them. i wish i had them when i got robed all them years ago. the next problem you have is dealing with your homeowners insurance. i felt so violated and they never caught anyone. good luck

ne3go

Even in my island, in a country with low criminality, with only 10,000 people living here, our house has also been robbed...They're looking only for money or jewelry, we didn't have any, so they didn't take anything else.
But the disappointing when you get home and see everything messed up, is huge. We didn't installed any alarm after that, hoping that will not happen again...

darren1979

First Time Grower
I'm sorry to hear that, I'm sure we all know what you'd like to do if you got hold of em. Just remember things can be replaced and glad you both are safe.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
I put in a cheap camera system in My unit. I also got 4 vidio signs to post- no alarm just an ADT sign posted. Every unit around us has been robed. Damn crack heads I'm sure. Good to hear You were safe. To Me that is a type of rape.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I hate to say it, but it's usually someone you know. My buddy's barn was broken into last week and they stole his 4 wheeler and his lawn care equipment that he uses on the side to make ends meet. It turned out to be his first cousin. The pawn shop got some really good pictures of him. :)

workhorse_01

I have two of these! Most people wont get out of the car, they blow the horn and wait.

PS> I've never had a break in!

my puppies.jpg

jekylnz

Set up a shotgun to go off with rock salt or peppercorns for next time...its pretty bad for burglaries in nz to..I reckon the only deturant beside a burglar alarm...is security cameras recording to the net. You can get a set up to notify your phone when a sensors set off..they're pretty cheap these days..and at least you know who to hunt..cause the cops wont catch them (unless they steal your smart phone etc. So u can track them)

Ben Brand

Sorry to hear that. And I thought its only in my country that break-ins happen. Our problem is that our borders are thrown open to the neighboring countries for their citizens to come in as they like. The town where I stay haven`t even got water for everybody to drink, only get water out of boreholes (wells), water have to be carted to the masses by truck out of a river unpurified, but still the people stream in from our neighbors. Luckily I am not dependent on the towns water.

Hope the police can catch the persons who broke in, good luck.
Ben

workhorse_01

Yes they are these plants that grow wild here in the south. The branches have saw teeth on each side and a big green fan. They cover the floor of the woods. People often joke that Jimmy Hoffa is under one somewhere. That second word in post #15 was Crocs. The stupid phone thinks it's smarter than me.
Palmetoes??

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
And the d*mn car tells me the door is open? GPS My a*s- Thats how Big brouther tracks Ya and shut the high dollar junk down to get ya...LOL Back in the day is better..... Great post!!!!

BarG

Founding Member
I agree with workhorse, thieves hate dogs barking and biting at em, it makes it more likely to get shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.