Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Photos of some Oriental varities

Status
Not open for further replies.

istanbulin

Founding Member
I'm adding these photos for a basic reference here. Although under photo informations are not sufficient, photos may help people to identify varieties.

Basma-1.png
Basma

Dubek.png
Dubek

East-Tobacco.png
East Type

"East Type" is not a standart type of Oriental tobacco. It doesn't have specific characterisitc but generally neutral in taste. Most of them are semi-orientals.

Izmir.png
İzmir

Kurumovgrad.png
Kurumovgrad

Prilep.png
Prilep

I'm sure the written nicotine content is incorrect. Prilep is one of the strongest Oriental tobacco I've ever taste.

Samsun.png
Samsun-Canik

Yaka.png
Xanthi Yaka

ne3go

What is the chloride number? Is it usefull for the burning characteristics of the leaf?

istanbulin

Founding Member
The numbers provides the percentage of the related chemical compositions. Chloride percentage is highly related with the soil caharcteristics and fertilization. If the crop is irrigated the water source is also deterministic, for example well waters from karstic soils may contain more chloride. Chloride content affect burning characterisitcs. High chlorine content provides low combustible tobaccos. While smoking it causes black ash and sometimes formation of char. Generally it's not evaluated for Oriental tobaccos because there's no or very small amount of fertilizers using while growing Orientals. It's especially evaluated for Burley types.

AmaxB

Thanks You istanbulin this should come in handy. The Kurumovgrad looks like what I grew this year but what I grew is not Kurumovgrad

Status
Not open for further replies.