Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Flu Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBonner

Founding Member
I have never took the flu shot , but last winter I was down for almost three solid weeks .

I hate needles ( Im a Wuss ) and my wife says there is one that is squirted up the nose .

How many of you take the shot and how many don't ?
I'm weighing my options .

Boboro

If theyed put a little Coke in it Id take it up the nose, Neddles freak me the hell out too. If they ol,lady could pick up the nose stuff at Wally's word for 5 bucks Id give it a shot but I ant goin to the drug store an let them ppl. touch me. gives me the he be ge bes.

BarG

Founding Member
I haven't had the flu in 30 + yrs. but they say the new strains are pretty rough. I haven't tried the shots or nasal but if they lesson your chance or reduce the severity its probably sixes. If its a foxy nurse take the shot so she don't think your a wuss.;)

BigBonner

Founding Member
I rarely get sick , but last winter it laid me out and I could even not drink for four or five days . Slept most of the time and did not care if my tobacco got stripped and sold at market or not .

DGBAMA

I only average a good winter cold every 3-4 years. I am both outdoors andwork with the public daily. I would rather not risk the possible side effects. Figure my immune system must be doing good by itself. If it protected against an impending life threatening illness i would. Not gonna take something that might MAKE me sick when i feel fine.

webmost

There's too many times they come up short of doses. So I figure I can do without it. Some old lady and some little kid need it more than me. Knock wood, I just rarely catch much of a flu anyways.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
If the flu can interfere with your ability to make a living I'd say get one by all means. The secret to the pain is to keep your mind focused on getting the shot in your right testicle. When they pop you in the arm you'll be so relieved you'll never feel it.

skychaser

I have never took the flu shot , but last winter I was down for almost three solid weeks .

I haven't had a shot of any kind since I was 11 years old. Two years ago I had that same sort of flu you had. I was down and out for nearly 3 weeks in April when it was seeding time. I don't think I had ever been that sick before. I almost never get sick. I get one cold every 4-5 years that that usually lasts about 2-3 days. By week 3 of that flu I didn't really care if I lived or died anymore, let alone planting flats.

In hindsight, if there had been a shot that may have prevented getting sick, I STILL WOULDN'T TAKE IT!

DonH

Studies of recent years' flu vaccines show that the people who got them ended up getting sicker more often than those who didn't. I don't trust 'em.

Ishi

Wife got one today at Walgreen's they used a spring loaded syringe and she never felt it. Now to see if she gets sick from it. We get them every year. If I get the flue it only lasts 3 or 4 days. Needles are a piece of cake relax your arm and look the other way. Gave lots of shots it is better to be on the syringe end though. Or think thoughts as Knucks said!!!

bryonlr

Before I retired, 10 years ago, the company was givin them free, so i got 1, 3 days later I got so sick couldnt hold my head up, off work for 2 weeks, haven,t had 1 since. Last year I got the damn flu I guess, around Christmas, like some of y,all I was down for a month, done nothin but sleep, shit and puke. But I figure if I drink more corn squeezins, I won't need no flu shot.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I got my flu shot 5 weeks ago. I was at the VA hospital for a clinic visit. The young nurse practitioner said, "you can get a flu shot now if you like." She held up the loaded syringe and smiled. As I hesitated, she added, "Just get it, and stop fussing."

I have two universities nearby. University students travel from the nether reaches to go to school, seasonally spreading influenza. All it takes is a trip to Walmart to make contact with sniffing, coughing customers and cashiers. "Here's your..." cough, cough, cough, "...change, sir." I'm too old to be casual about influenza.

Some recent research indicates that influenza, even when mild, causes heart inflammation and arterial plaque formation. Statistically, if you're over 50, getting a flu shot will reduce your risk of a heart attack during the subsequent 12 months by a notable 50%.

BigBonner

Founding Member
I haven't had a shot of any kind since I was 11 years old. Two years ago I had that same sort of flu you had. I was down and out for nearly 3 weeks in April when it was seeding time. I don't think I had ever been that sick before. I almost never get sick. I get one cold every 4-5 years that that usually lasts about 2-3 days. By week 3 of that flu I didn't really care if I lived or died anymore, let alone planting flats.

In hindsight, if there had been a shot that may have prevented getting sick, I STILL WOULDN'T TAKE IT!

I do get Pneumonia every now and then but plain throwing up sick or flu I did not get .
I never had the flu until the end of last December. Never threw up or diarrhea , just miserable , down and out . My wife cooked the biggest Christmas dinner and that was when the flu hit us all . We could not eat and we had to toss it all . I would not freeze it to just maybe get the bug back again when we thawed it back out . No Chances .
I haven't had a shot in over 30 years Just the blood test for when me and my wife got married . I did have blood drawn once to see if I was a bone merle donor for my sister . Yep I didn't like it and the nurse who took my blood didn't like me too well either .
I can give shots to anything , cows , dogs , cats and people . I can put up barb wire with my bare hands but the needle I do not like .
It may be because when I was a kid . I had my ears operated on for a hole in my ear drum .They did this two different times and once while I was awake .
I am deaf in my left ear and I can not tell a direction noise comes from . Turkey hunting is about impossible by myself . Dishes rattling or other noise and I can forget watching tv .

This has made my decision to not get the flu shot

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I'm told by every medical professional I should get it especially because I have diabetes. Sorry but that's a no go, I'm too paranoid and I know too much Chit about the medical field to get even more chemicals injected into me.

Just me .02

Status
Not open for further replies.