Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

First Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanM22

What's up guys? My name's Ryan. Being a baseball player, tobacco is embedded in the game. I started dipping in high school, and used chew once I got to college. I come from a health conscious family, especially my father. Growing up with acne, I started experimenting with different diets to alleviate the issue. I started cutting things out of my diet (grains and dairy) with a lot of success. But I've come to learn that it's not those foods that cause the problem, but how they are handled and processed (like any other consumable) from nature to consumption.

Anyway, as I continue to add things into my life that I cut out for health reasons, tobacco is one that I'm really excited about. Like I said, I loved to pack a dip on the bench (life of a pitcher!) or throw in a chew while throwing. But the feeling I got from big tobacco was an odd one. Most times it would be a comfortable, relaxed state but more and more I started to become aware of an uncomfortable, jittery, even fake euphoric-like feelings. I've come to realize that's not from the tobacco itself, but from the additives, chemicals, and god knows what else. Yikes.

But I came across this forum as I've been looking for organic tobacco. As I prepare to get back on the field in a BIG way, I want to get into making my own dip and chew creations, or even try others', as this seems like a legit community. Growing my own is simply not an option.

I feel like this forum is in line with my views on tobacco, government, and freedom of living. I look forward to getting acclimated with you all. Thanks for taking the time to read.

- Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Thanks for joining the forum, and welcome. Until such time as you can grow your own, the founder of this forum owns www.wholeleaftobacco.com and sells the best leaf on the interweb. His name is Don and goes by FmGrowit on the forum. To view the tobacco for sale you can click the link or click the Store button at the top of the page. There are several chew, dip, snuff, snus recipes under Smokeless Tobacco here on the forum. You could try them with different varieties, but I think Dark Air is one that is traditionally used.

You say you are about to return to the field in a big way. Does this mean the tobacco field or did you get a call up from the Yankees? :)

RyanM22

Thanks for joining the forum, and welcome. Until such time as you can grow your own, the founder of this forum owns www.wholeleaftobacco.com and sells the best leaf on the interweb. His name is Don and goes by FmGrowit on the forum. To view the tobacco for sale you can click the link or click the Store button at the top of the page. There are several chew, dip, snuff, snus recipes under Smokeless Tobacco here on the forum. You could try them with different varieties, but I think Dark Air is one that is traditionally used.

You say you are about to return to the field in a big way. Does this mean the tobacco field or did you get a call up from the Yankees? :)

Haha, not the tobacco field! But it's funny that you mention the Yankees. In due time! I've got to get health to 100% first.

I couldn't find any organic tobacco on the Whole Leaf site. Organic for me is a must, because I've found that anything else food and drink wise makes me sick, accompanied by a brain fog.

I see you're from Alabama. My Dad's side of the family's roots are in 'Bama, with my Grandfather attending 'Bama back in the day. There was even a Roll Tide mention at his funeral! Haha

Rickey60

Welcome Ryan. I think you will find everything you are looking for here. There is several members that use organic tobacco on this forum. I'm sure they can get you started.
Rick

grgfinney

Howdy youngin, welcome to the best site for everything tobacco I will be hanging out in your state this wknd beautiful downtown Newark(sarcastic not pretty at all)

leverhead

Welcome! I think this is the place to be to learn about anything tobacco related. The search function should keep you busy for a while, there's been a few active threads about oral forms of tobacco. Join in and have some fun.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Ryan, this Jitterbugdude that just posted makes some killer chew. Make him your BFF as soon as possible. (ask about his chocolate chew) (or his maple chew)

Boboro

Wellcome ,try you some of that fire cure. If I was gonna put backer in my mouth I think Id start thar and add to it.

workhorse_01

Welcome aboard! If your looking for the organic way I'd steer clear of the wonderful taste of fire cure. It sounds like the cancer word is ticking in the back of your mind and if so the TSNA's are probably double digit due to the smoke in the fire cure. As I said welcome aboard and I look forward to seeing you around.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Welcome sir, a lot of us folks like to grow organic/natural as possible. This past year I used my organic fertilizer, used organic pesticides and truly enjoy my crop already. If you're interested in growing using natural methods just feel free to ask. Again, welcome.

winston-smoker

Welcome Ryan! I'm also new to FTT, and in northern New Jersey.

grgfinney,
If you've ever seen Newark City Hall, or Sacred Heart Cathedral, you'd retract your sarcasm. They are magnificent buildings.

RyanM22

Again, thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Much appreciated. Newark isn't all that bad, you just have to pick and choose your spots. Winston, where in NNJ are you?

winston-smoker

Ryan,
I'm in Bayonne.

Jitterbug,
I can't speak for Ryan, but I was born in New Jersey, and with the exceptions of: (1) going to university in Scranton, PA and (2) going to graduate school at universities in New York City and in England, I have lived in northern NJ my entire life. No transplant here! I am, however, determined that SOME DAY I'm getting out of New Jersey. I plan to retire in Puerto Rico (much nicer climate!).

grgfinney,
Now if you had said Camden, then your sarcasm would have been justified!;)

RyanM22

Jitterbug- Haha! I'm a Parkway guy myself. Born in Trenton and lived in Colonia my whole life (with the exception of Morristown, Madison/Florham Pk, and Jersey City in college)

Winston- My Grandmother lives in Bayonne. 15th Street I believe. I was actually at New Jersey City U for about a year and a half.

And what's so bad about Camden? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.