Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Roll me own demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
I have been hand rolling for the last year even though I have an electric powermatic tube roller. I used to buy 10 cartons of tubes at a time. I'm getting ready to start using them again and plan on ordering 20. That will last me 40 weeks give or take at the same cost of hand rolling minus shipping. My cig. smoking has been cut in half from a carton every seven days to 5 packs every seven days since 2 years of strictly whole leaf tobacco. And thats no lie after 46 years smoking. I can't notice that I smoke half as much [It seems I smoke the same but amount of rolling papes or tubes don't lie] and I never worry about running out.

jekylnz

I have been hand rolling for the last year even though I have an electric powermatic tube roller. I used to buy 10 cartons of tubes at a time. I'm getting ready to start using them again and plan on ordering 20. That will last me 40 weeks give or take at the same cost of hand rolling minus shipping. My cig. smoking has been cut in half from a carton every seven days to 5 packs every seven days since 2 years of strictly whole leaf tobacco. And thats no lie after 46 years smoking. I can't notice that I smoke half as much [It seems I smoke the same but amount of rolling papes or tubes don't lie] and I never worry about running out.
Barg where do you buy yours & how much do you pay for 20 cartons?? They would weigh bugger all either aye..we pay..well I Dont but they expect us to pay $8 for a box of 200 tubes. .what a rip...I might smoke tubes if we could get them at prices similar to you guys

winston-smoker

jekylnz,
My last order of tubes I paid U.S. $28.80 with free shipping for ten 250-count boxes of FF Zen tubes (my favorite brand). Though some day I have just got to get some of those "bad-ass" looking black Vera Cruz Midnight tubes!

jekylnz

jekylnz,
My last order of tubes I paid U.S. $28.80 with free shipping for ten 250-count boxes of FF Zen tubes (my favorite brand). Though some day I have just got to get some of those "bad-ass" looking black Vera Cruz Midnight tubes!
Are the black veras more?? People down her e would have never seen anything like them..we used to see those thin brown commercial cigarettes..but haven't seen anyone smoking them for over 10 yrs

They also expect $16 for one of those $2 Single manual tube fillers here!!?!!??

winston-smoker

The cheapest price I've seen runs about U.S. $3.58 per 200-count box of Midnight tubes, but that doesn't include shipping.

P.S. They only come in King size.

BarG

Founding Member
I pay 2.00 a carton for golden harvest. The same price I pay for 2 packs of 100 count tops.
I live in the boonies so I can buy tops for a buck a pack 100 count or zig zag 25 count for 2.00. I been buying 4 100 count packs a month from acouple years ago twice that. I truly believe that getting away from additives to my tobacco is the main reason my consumption of the have to have a cigaarette has cut in half. My cigars aren't addictive like my cig. smoking is, its more an indulgence because I can for free practicly. I have learned that For my best cigars it helps to have some of the great leaf and quality wrappers that WLT provides.

winston-smoker

I've used Golden Harvest. I think I paid $2.50 per 200-count box. But I like Zen tubes better.
The cheapest tube I've ever gotten were Royal Majestic, only $1.40 per 200-count box. They stuffed fine, but the filters are poor quality. I used them all, but I won't buy them again. I guess you get what you pay for.

BarG

Founding Member
I like the full flavor so a minimal filter. Its kinda like buying gas, A good friend and a great mechanic told me don't waste my money on the more expensive gas, it won't realy matter enough to justify it.

winston-smoker

I like full-flavor too, but mushy filters, such as Royal Majestic's, are just simply a sign of poor quality.

Besides, tubes cost only a penny and a fraction each ... the Zen tubes from my last order cost 1.15 cents per tube. Your Golden Harvest, at $2 per 200-count, cost exactly 1 cent per tube. That's not much of a difference.

BarG

Founding Member
It's sixes. I don't bother to try all the available options. You get what you pay for so unless I want something to last a life time I don't pay a high price.

Status
Not open for further replies.