Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Roll me own demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

springheal

Most members here use tubes. Most kiwis roll their own and it is acceptable and very popular. In fact, I have never seen tubes available down here.

Just because we "roll our own", people don't assume we are smoking weed or anything illegal.

My way is a little different (thats me as usual:p)

Have a gander:

springheal

Rollies without a filter and I get a little baccy in my mouth which I dislike.

I do wonder what filters actually filter though. To me, a filter does appear to make a milder smoke.

jekylnz

Phil have you used the longer super king slim boomerang filters before?

Also if you keen on a tube machine. .I've seen them a couple of times on trademe (topomatic& the premier) going for about $30-$40.i don't think many kiwis even know what they're for. ..&tube from smokos (a smoke franchise shop through out nz)..they go for $8 for a box of 200 tubes..or smokos sell a plastic single tube filler for $16

winston-smoker

Phil,
Your RYO cigarette came out looking better than I expected; typical American, I expected that it would look like a joint! LOL

Todd,
I assume you are speaking of NZ dollars ... do you know what that would be in U.S. dollars? While $30-$40 for a Top-O-Matic sounds in line with U.S. prices, $8 for a 200 count box of filter tubes sounds very expensive.

AmaxB

Also if you keen on a tube machine. .I've seen them a couple of times on trademe (topomatic& the premier) going for about $30-$40.i don't think many kiwis even know what they're for. ..&tube from smokos (a smoke franchise shop through out nz)..they go for $8 for a box of 200 tubes..or smokos sell a plastic single tube filler for $16

Is a fair cost on the injector Top-O-Matic but lord 8 bucks for tubes is rape.

bonehead

i used to buy the tops cigarette tobacco in the small pack with the papers included that looks like a pipe tobacco pouch. i got pretty good at rolling them without the filter. sometimes you got strange looks if you rolled up a skinny one.

springheal

Not for ages. Unless they have changed, I didn't find them to be much longer.

I'm not really interested in investing in a machine/tubes etc as the availability is limited/expensive and given time, may not even be available here. Importing tubes, don't even want to consider it as they will no doubt get crushed.

Your RYO cigarette came out looking better than I expected; typical American, I expected that it would look like a joint! LOL

Thanks, like I said, rollies are common practice here so being suspected of smoking a joint is not an issue.

Is a fair cost on the injector Top-O-Matic but lord 8 bucks for tubes is rape.

Agreed. I don't mind paying a one off price for the machine but a continual cost of $8 a box, forget it!

Liked your video Phil

Ta. You didn't see me smoke it!

I prefer to hand roll as well.

Yep, me to.

Once you have rolled for 20 or so years it's no hassle

Plus 20 more years for me. Been doing it forever. I even remember the days when buying a carton of smokes, upon opening the box, you may find a $5-$10-$20 note enclosed inside. The baccy companies wanted us hooked on their stuff. The lengths they would go to eh!

jekylnz

Plus 20 more years for me. Been doing it forever. I even remember the days when buying a carton of smokes, upon opening the box, you may find a $5-$10-$20 note enclosed inside. The baccy companies wanted us hooked on their stuff. The lengths they would go to eh!

if they did that know .It could help cover all the tax

I also used to know a guy we called fingers..he had no thumbs..that was a tricky roller to

DGBAMA

we take our thumbs for granted. I remember an 8th grade experiment, we spent a whole day at school with our thumbs taped to our palms, making them unusable. Made even the simplest tasks so much harder/borderline impossible.

springheal

In the past, I was rolling smokes every day when driving by myself. Steering with my knee. Usually, I roll them when the road is mostly straight!

A small injury on the hand (especially the thumb) and I take ten times as long to roll a smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.