Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

comet ISON

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I stayed up until about 4:30 am this morning, hoping to have a look (at the comet, not the tin box). Then, the Weather Channel advised that there was likely to be fog and overcast, so I went to bed.

Bob

skychaser

The weather wizards here predicted low clouds and fog so I didn't get up early to try to have a look. When I got up at 7 it was crystal clear blue sky in all directions. grrrrrr. They have been completely wrong on the forecast here all week. A few days ago they were predicting snow with highs below freezing this weekend and all next week. We didn't get one flake of snow here and it was 44 degrees yesterday. The mountains did get a bunch of snow though. Half the ski resorts are opening today.

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
We were rained out for the leonids over the weekend and the weather has just been unforgiving. But we are now heading to clear skies now and for the next 3-4 days. And it is that winter clear/no pollution skies too. I'll be setting thye alarm tonight to get up a 3am (gotta have a coffee and wake up). I regret selling my 16" dob now but at least I still have my 4.5" that should give me an up close and personal look at the nucleus.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
I have a window facing the east, I set My scope up in there and hooked it to the computer, then set it to track ISON. The only problem was We have a mountain that blocks part of the show. I set it up so anyone can stay warm to watch it on the screen insead of sharin the eye piece and watch it track. (Better than a drive in movie) Alot of good company is rare that early in the mornin. I'm glad I started this thread.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I set it up so anyone can stay warm to watch it on the screen insead of sharin the eye piece and watch it track.

Where's the fun in that?...:rolleyes:
I thought by law that you had to get up early in the morning, put on several layers of clothes, make something hot to drink, try to wake up to no avail the sleepyheads in your house, trudge on outside in the cold, look up and strain your neck, get your feet soaking wet from the dew and finally get disgusted because there is only one cloud in the entire sky and it has settled over your viewing area... now that's fun!...:eek:

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
I saw Lovejoy but not Ison. I ran out of time and had to have the truck back to the misses but when I got home I saw mercury rising but It might of been too light at that point.

By the way, Comet lovejoy might be better than Ison at some point.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Some folks just can't get out or have no way to see it is why I posted the site. Every one should have a way to see it even if it is on screen. I prefer Jitterbugdude's way Myself. I however have a room set up to the east as well.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
it was too cloudy, and bad weather conditions, in florida when that thing went over,,,

i heard it was coming on the news, i got a good spotter scope, and a good telescope,

i thought about preparing for it, but the weather didnt cooperate.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
I am like You here-All clouds and snow. I got up at three as every morn. an hr early to see if it was a watch. So on with the site to see with My coffee. Best part of the day. Quiet!

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i like watching the stars,,, it's very relaxing,,,,

plus im waiting to be abducted by a ship full of horny female aliens,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.