Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

NC State Smokeless Tobacco Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
This link has some general recipes for the different smokeless tobacco products. Chewing tobacco, moist snuff, snus, and dry snuff. You will add flavorings to suit your tastes. http://www.tobacco.ncsu.edu/strp.html

Helpful info like moisture content, nicotine content, and pH are listed on some of the reference recipes.

RyanM22

Is a nicotine content under 2% the average? Seems low to me

Anyone have the balls to order some of the 1986 tobacco?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
You can't order the tobacco, it's for research purposes only and they do follow up. I posted the link to give folks a place to start with their own concoctions with the recipes as a base.

RyanM22

You can't order the tobacco, it's for research purposes only and they do follow up. I posted the link to give folks a place to start with their own concoctions with the recipes as a base.

Ah, gotcha

ArizonaDave

This link has some general recipes for the different smokeless tobacco products. Chewing tobacco, moist snuff, snus, and dry snuff. You will add flavorings to suit your tastes. http://www.tobacco.ncsu.edu/strp.html

Helpful info like moisture content, nicotine content, and pH are listed on some of the reference recipes.

Very interesting link!!! Pretty Straight forward, and to the point!

tullius

Does anyone have a download of this you could share? The link goes to the TGI site, but I didn't see the doc in question.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. That link was from six years ago, way back when NCSU still admitted publicly that it had something to do with tobacco products. Now they grow acres and acres of tofu.

I just scanned through my extensive archives of tobacco literature, and don't see that material. Sorry.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, it's a webbish collection of 14 separate pages. The info is there, if you don't mind the total lack of a concisely formatted document.

Bob

tullius

Yeah, thought it would be one pdf, very spread out as is.

Nonetheless, very valuable. If I have time Bob, I'll later consolidate a snapshot for posterity, maybe like in smokeless book format or something.. &:^]

Thanks to @Knucklehead for posting this so others can find it (sometimes much) later.

Status
Not open for further replies.