Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cigarette Tobacco Casings Now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcL

Nice Don. Thanks for the free sample in my last order. I've never cased tobacco before this. and I think I like it. You've just sparked my interest with this and I'm looking forward to more.

COLIN

I have just purchased 5 bottles of casing no1. Once I have shredded my tobacco do I spray it on all of my mix or just the flue cure and the bright leaf.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
You can experiment a little, but the casing is designed to apply the contents of one bottle with 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) to the contents of one pound of tobacco after shredding.

Take the one pound bag of tobacco, strip it, shred it, apply casing.

Try 20 sprays on a couple of ounces first, then adjust the amount you prefer. Too much might be counter productive though.

COLIN

My intention was to use the five bottles on ten pound of tobacco. I wish to add to my blend some of my own tobacco which I grue last year Bafra'Sumartra'Hickerey ect.

BarG

Founding Member
That makes sense to do a controlled sample or 2. It takes about 6 ounces of shredded to make a carton, give or take. an ounce of baccy would be 1.6666666666 packs :cool:

DonH

I'm really enjoying these casings. Highly recommended for you cigarette smokers. And I'm an "all natural" purist. But I had a couple of blends of my homegrown that were not great just OK, and I used the casings on them and it really did improve them 100%. I used all three casings, I like to have all the flavors since my blends have lots of varieties. I did use the Virginia Flue Cured citrus casing by itself on an all-flue cured blend I had and it really balanced it out well.

I don't think it would be possible to make better casings than these. Great idea, Don!

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I don't think it would be possible to make better casings than these. Great idea, Don!
Yep, just another one of those things I wish I could take credit for. I wish I knew what was in casings, but I guess that's why some people get doctorates in chemistry.

I'm thinking about having some made for chewing tobacco next.

As far as saving green tobacco...I'd recommend the Red bottle. That one is formulated to correct raw aspects of Burley. I don't know if it will work, but if any of them will...I'm betting it's the Red bottle.

Last edited:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I found a bottle in my last order. Thank you, Don. I'm going to try it on my next one pound blend. I have about a 1/4 lb. left of my last blend.

DonH

I found a bottle in my last order. Thank you, Don. I'm going to try it on my next one pound blend. I have about a 1/4 lb. left of my last blend.

Why wait? Try some on your existing blend. A little goes a long way. Take an ounce and give it a couple of sprays. Mix it up and taste it, and if it's too much just blend in some of the uncased. If it's too little, spray it again.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Why wait? Try some on your existing blend. A little goes a long way. Take an ounce and give it a couple of sprays. Mix it up and taste it, and if it's too much just blend in some of the uncased. If it's too little, spray it again.

Good idea, I'll do that tonight and post my thoughts.

bonehead

Yep, just another one of those things I wish I could take credit for. I wish I knew what was in casings, but I guess that's why some people get doctorates in chemistry.

I'm thinking about having some made for chewing tobacco next.
i would be interested in chewing tobacco casing. i have been using flavor concentrates for wine and cider. they are ok but could use some improvement.

COLIN

IMG_0366.jpgIMG_0367.jpgIMG_0368.jpg
Well my red leaf' bright leaf and lemon arrived today with five bottles of the citrus casing.To this I will be adding some of the tobacco which I grew last season Kelly burley"Maryland" hickory fryer" Bafra and FL Surmatra .Have spent four hours deribbing and now ready to shred. as you will see in the pictures I have had to add a 115 volt transformer to drop the current from 240 volt.

Status
Not open for further replies.