Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Do you have a Menthol Casing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehead

do they make a menthol casing? my mother smokes menthol and says the menthol tubes taste like a different kind of menthol. i have never tried a casing but it dosen't sound very hard.

winston-smoker

Re: Cigarette Tobacco Casings Now available

do they make a menthol casing? my mother smokes menthol and says the menthol tubes taste like a different kind of menthol. i have never tried a casing but it dosen't sound very hard.

How many brands of menthol tubes has she tried? It could be that there are variations between different brands of tubes.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member

Just get some menthol crystals and let your tobacco soak up the flavor.

bonehead

thankyou for the information. she tried a bunch of different ones. i thought about using menthol cristals from ebay but never tried it.

bonehead

We had a short discussion on this last week or so
http://fairtradetobacco.com/newreply.php?p=60721&noquote=1
thankyou for trying. i researched menthol for ever. i got info about microwaves and the meltingpoint or vaporizing of menthol crystals and a bunch of different ways of executioning the blastmophy against tobacco but i could please no one. can you point me to a different link. i can't seem to get that one to work.

jekylnz

thankyou for trying. i researched menthol for ever. i got info about microwaves and the meltingpoint or vaporizing of menthol crystals and a bunch of different ways of executioning the blastmophy against tobacco but i could please no one. can you point me to a different link. i can't seem to get that one to work.

Sorry don't know what happened there ..i just had a look in the thread I started on th 11th was pretty much what you just looked up..wikapedia..but had the menthol in cigarette pdf below.if you go to search bar and search "what creates the menthol taste."you should find the thread if you want to have a look anyway. ...

They say it comes from corn mint..spearmint..mint..or the man made stuff..I think that crystal you are talking about on ebay should be fine. ...This pdf is kinda hard to read..but says they used menthol & oil of casia..and alcohol. ..
http://legacy.library.ucsf.edu/documentStore/m/x/w/mxw26a99/Smxw26a99.pdf

Brown Thumb

image.jpgI smoke menthol, joke all you want.
I have found by mixing crystals with shredded Baccy put in the bottom of a carton box about 1/2 in. Thick. It gets stronger. Better to use a sealed container.
also I have used orange, lemon, grapefruit, rinds chopped up in there with it. Makes a diff also, but you end up throwing out the Baccy in the box about once a week.

jekylnz

It's all right B.T we won't give u shite...tell you the truth that's what I started on when I was I kid..I liked them then..but don't seem to get the same fix as normal smokes if i bum a smoke and get given one..well it feels that way..may well be different with home grown or whole leaf. .can't knock it till I've tried it aye..;)

Brown Thumb

Why would that be, too strong or moldy?
The rinds turn green, black, moldy?
putting in the fridge might make it last longer,
The ciggs laying directly on the Baccy mix can get pretty strong, Good wake me up.

bill3002

I make menthol tobacco for 3 people using this method ( good for 1lb ):

4 grams menthol crystals ( bought from Amazon...4oz for $10.35 )
2 oz Everclear alcohol

Pour the Everclear over the measured crystals and wait til they have dissolved.
Spray 1/2 lb tobacco with 1/2 of solution. Mix well and cover for 24 - 48 hours.
Uncover and wait til it`s dry enough to inject

I`m told that the taste is similar to Kool`s

I think that 2 grams of crystals ( instead of 4 ) would make a menthol light

RyanM22

I make menthol tobacco for 3 people using this method ( good for 1lb ):

4 grams menthol crystals ( bought from Amazon...4oz for $10.35 )
2 oz Everclear alcohol

Pour the Everclear over the measured crystals and wait til they have dissolved.
Spray 1/2 lb tobacco with 1/2 of solution. Mix well and cover for 24 - 48 hours.
Uncover and wait til it`s dry enough to inject

I`m told that the taste is similar to Kool`s

I think that 2 grams of crystals ( instead of 4 ) would make a menthol light

With menthol or regular tubes?

bill3002

With menthol or regular tubes?

Good question Ryan. It comes down to personal preference.

One of my friends uses ff Regular and the other two use ff Gambler menthol

I`ve tried many tubes over the years and Gambler is the best menthol tube
but is more expensive that ff Regular.

Try both ways and decide what`s best for you.

If your into menthol lights, I would try ff Regular or ff Golden Harvest menthol
( make sure you adjust the formula...you may have to play with the amount of
crystals as I`m not exactly sure how much to use to achieve a "light". )

winston-smoker

I don't believe that menthol "lights" is a reference to the potency of the menthol, but rather to the tar/nicotine yield of the cigarette. So a menthol light RYO would be menthol-flavored tobacco stuffed into a "light" tube. The potency of the menthol is a matter of taste, whether you want something akin to a Kool or a Newport. A potent menthol combo would be menthol-flavored tobacco in a menthol tube, but I think menthol tubes are only available in FF.

bill3002

I don't believe that menthol "lights" is a reference to the potency of the menthol, but rather to the tar/nicotine yield of the cigarette. So a menthol light RYO would be menthol-flavored tobacco stuffed into a "light" tube. The potency of the menthol is a matter of taste, whether you want something akin to a Kool or a Newport. A potent menthol combo would be menthol-flavored tobacco in a menthol tube, but I think menthol tubes are only available in FF.

My reference to menthol "lights" is about taste...not about tar/ nicotine.

DonH

If you're adding menthol directly to the tobacco there's no need to use menthol tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.