Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Better burning wrappers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Brand

Complained a few months ago that my wrappers Flor Sumatra don't want to burn nicely, after storing them since March this year there is definitely an improvement in the burning. Decided to give them a 2nd fermentation starting to night, hopefully that will make a even bigger difference.
Ben

skow69

This is probably a dumb newby question, so I apologize up front, but still gotta ask.

What is a second fermentation?

Ben Brand

After curing (dying) tobacco, they should be fermented. A few ways to do that, if you have enough leaves, stack them in a big bale and let them " ferment", to get rid of gasses etc. let them heat up. I ferment mine in am old fridge with a heat source and a light bulb for about 6 weeks. After fermentation let them rest for a while to stabilize. Second fermentation is like the first. The Sumatra did improve a bit.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
After curing (dying) tobacco, they should be fermented. A few ways to do that, if you have enough leaves, stack them in a big bale and let them " ferment", to get rid of gasses etc. let them heat up. I ferment mine in am old fridge with a heat source and a light bulb for about 6 weeks. After fermentation let them rest for a while to stabilize. Second fermentation is like the first. The Sumatra did improve a bit.

Is kilning twice the same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.