Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Another down under grower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean

Howdy guys been a lurker for a while. Finally joined up.

Not of my first time around the garden but still learning.

Cheers

jekylnz

Hey bro good to see you on.& got things sorted. ..Welcome to the tobacco mad house..heap of helpful good bunch of guys on here..at the forefront of home baccy growing. .curing..etc.

He can't tell you his location. .its illegal there . lol
I'll let him say

Dean

Hey guys good to finally be on and able to post. Location is a bit of a sore point as stated above.

i have been into plants since I was a kid grown a lot of species and in the last few years settled on just veggies. I love chilli, hot, mild don't care it all has its merits and unique flavours. Apart from the obvious species discussed here I have quite a few chilli varieties in. I am trying the ultra hots again this year.

Cheers

Brown Thumb

Welcome, Just don't get lost in the desert like the other guy.
anyone heard from him yet?
BT

Dean

Basically.

It is not illegal in the sense the police will arrest you it is illegal because you must have a permit to grow it issued by the tax man, who will not issue them to anybody even though you comply with the stipulations. If you were to gain a permit you would need to pay tax on every pound you harvest and then again on every pound you cut to smoke. Last time I read the legislation there were ridiculous thinks in there like 24 hour security and 12' razor wire fences. As razor wire is not available to joe public here they have deliberately closed the permit system through other legislation.

Cheers

winston-smoker

Incredible!
A couple of weeks ago I was talking with a friend who grew up in the Soviet Union and now lives in New York, and he was saying that in some ways New York today is more of a police state than was the Soviet Union (as hard as that is to believe). But wherever it is you live makes New York seem like a beacon of freedom by comparison.

leverhead

Welcome! Even if your reasons for being here are purely academic, you can still have some fun. Maybe we can send you some pepper seeds.

Dean

Seeds are in the mail as we speak. Got a few in now but not as much is I need. I'll start a grow log for the cigar vars once they are sown. A member here has sorted me out through another forum and gave me the heads up about joining this one. Seems to be plenty of traffic here.

jekylnz

Incredible!
A couple of weeks ago I was talking with a friend who grew up in the Soviet Union and now lives in New York, and he was saying that in some ways New York today is more of a police state than was the Soviet Union (as hard as that is to believe). But wherever it is you live makes New York seem like a beacon of freedom by comparison.

Lets just say n.s.w Australia. ..it s a massive place I think he'll be safe with that much

I've been growing some californian bell peppers..not quite chillies or anything but they good to save you buying them from shops. .they're quite expensive here..I've still got them in pots they're about a foot tall . cause I don't know where to fit them in around all the baccy

Dean

Thaught "Down Under" would be enough but you kiwis use the same terminology, so yes Australia. We have near perfect growing conditions across muck of the country but have not grown commercially since 2006. Gov buy out of farms so they can stop black market baccy by removing it from the country. I don't think the farmers did themselves any favours selling quantities off the top to joe public but they were so heavily taxed they could not live off their harvests.

its a sad state of affairs our country is in like NZ we have just gone through a tobacco tax reform that doubled the price of a pack of 25's in a 6 month period. $22 for a pack of 25's is rediculous, 96% tax or something close to that.

jekylnz

It's everyone else on here that's kind of put us in the "down under" category. .I pretty sure they think nz is part of aussie. Lol (joke).I have always known "down under "usually refers to Australia..but we are all upside down to the rest of the world. Hahaa

Markw

Hi there Dean and welcome, there be lots of info on the forum, or just ask a question any time. Just a quick question what are you customs like for bringing in seed by post.??? I have had some good times out there, wish I was there now !!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.