Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

The NHS in the UK on Smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markw

I woke up today to have this all plastered over our BBC News, Having worked in a hospital and knowing that a lot of staff smoke. I can't see it working what so ever. the staff will be standing in the streets smoking in their scrubs like they did last time they tried this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-25101420

darren1979

First Time Grower
The last time I went to the hospital when my missus was having our baby boy the smoking shelter was full of nurses on there break and an old boy still hooked up to a drip all having a ***.
They "believe it will help people give up smoking" what a load of bollocks, all it will do is force people off hospital grounds and spend longer time away from there duties.

Markw

Hi Darren that is what exactly happened last time when they tried it at the hospital I worked at. The doctors and nurses would take 5 minutes to get off the hospital grounds and then light up, they then might have two smokes before slowly walking back. Can you remember the problems with the MRSA, well this don,t help the issue.

winston-smoker

They "believe it will help people give up smoking" what a load of bollocks, all it will do is force people off hospital grounds and spend longer time away from there duties.

What business is it of anybody to "help" full-grown adults give up smoking? Honestly, the arrogance of it! Why should people tolerate anyone, be it government or employer or anyone else, taking on a parental role? If I'm a minor and have parents or a legal guardian, then they have the parental role; once I reach majority, I am the master of my life, and nobody else ... except, perhaps, the priest who is my confessor!

darren1979

First Time Grower
Our newspapers have called the u.k a 'nanny state' because of that very reason, they want to tell you how to live your life from birth to death. Society today seem more interested in there bleached teeth and blow dried hair that what's going on around them. I answers to two people, my good women and him upstairs.

Markw

I have to agree with you both on that . But I think things are changing slowly, I want to see what happens at the EU elections.
Just remember if a politician smiles: 1 He has either pass wind: 2 Has just told a lie: 3 or about to tell a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.