Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

The Speed of Seed Sweepstake

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Since the trip to Africa will cover massive mileage in a short time, I will put in a second guess of 98.6 miles per hour. So...either zero or very fast.

Bob

DGBAMA

11.11mph.

Hopefully the journey is complete in 90 days, which will get everyone seed in time for the new season.

Markw

Thanks everyone for the latest guesses, I will be up-dating the guesses and the estimated average mileage as soon as the route has been agreed. you all might get an extra guess as it is coming up to Christmas Ho Ho.

Ben Brand

Bob, been living in South Africa 50 plus years, postage not to reliable, but I must say in our deffence, I did send and received a few packages of seed, didn`t go to bad. Lets hope the seeds don`t get lost in darkest Africa.
Ben

madhouse

looks like i may have to have a big re-think on this one as it could be going the long way around.

Markw

Ok after some number crunching the total mileage for the Chinese Tobacco Whispers seed is now 38505 miles I will up date the list tomorrow

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Keep in mind that the longer the hops, the greater the miles per hour. [I recently mailed (1st Class!) a tiny padded envelope of seed from Virginia to Waycross, Georgia. It took over 10 days to arrive, after looping twice between Atlanta, Georgia and Jacksonville, Florida.]

Bob

Brown Thumb

Bob, been living in South Africa 50 plus years, postage not to reliable, but I must say in our deffence, I did send and received a few packages of seed, didn`t go to bad. Lets hope the seeds don`t get lost in darkest Africa.
Ben
If I recall correctly that package I sent you took 6 days first class mail. I was impressed you received it so fast.

DGBAMA

A letter mailed to me from within my own city frequently takes a day or two longer to arrive than one mailed from several hundred miles away.

Markw

Competition up-date

Time posted 09.15 GMT 30th November 2013.

Final Chinese Tobacco Whispers Round Trip Mileage 38505.

The Halfway point will be Sweden

Guesses so far

Dean 11 mph

Markw 18 mph
Colin 27 mph
Jakylnz 15 mph
Ricky60 20 mph
Madhouse 28.57
Deluxustogie Lost in Post second guess 98.6mph
Grgfinney 13 mph
Chillardbee 24 mph
Brownthumb 0.09 mph
Frozenthunderbolt 39.6 mph
Ben Brand 9 mph
Dgbama 11.11 mph
Darren 1979 1mph
Springheal 128 mph

Remember you all have two guesses the last guess must be taken by the halfway point.
Note: If two members draw with the same mileage, it will go to a count-back, both mileage guesses will be added together and the one with the lowest number of joint miles wins the price.
Good luck everyone lets hope the seed gets round safely. I will keep you updated on the packets progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.