redneck grower
Founding Member
hope your holiday is good also,

i got the BRISKETT, on the smoker cooking very slowlly,

Indianamac

hope your holiday is good also,

i got the BRISKETT, on the smoker cooking very slowlly,

Hey Chicken,

Attempted some smoke'n today myself. Failed misserably at smoke'n some deer jerky in my recently aquired New Braunsfel Bandera smoker. It's been awhile since I tried deer jerky and I must have let it go too long. Hope the brisket taste good tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving!

BarG

Founding Member
Hey Chicken,

Attempted some smoke'n today myself. Failed misserably at smoke'n some deer jerky in my recently aquired New Braunsfel Bandera smoker. It's been awhile since I tried deer jerky and I must have let it go too long. Hope the brisket taste good tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Try keeping the heat lower and keep the deer jerkey tender on the inside. You don't want to cook it through, just smoke it well and dry enough to cure. Mines always tender on the inside or I over did it. I use an old water well tank with outside heat and smoke ducted in with a damper control..

Indianamac

Try keeping the heat lower and keep the deer jerkey tender on the inside. You don't want to cook it through, just smoke it well and dry enough to cure. Mines always tender on the inside or I over did it. I use an old water well tank with outside heat and smoke ducted in with a damper control..

Thanks BarG,

I ran it at 140*-155* for about 6 hrs. Hope to try again soon and will drop the heat.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Deer meat is small compared to beef.What I do is-rub it with olive oil and inject with butterspices-Then wrap for one hr.let stand an hr and put back on for 30-40 some odd min. Your temp is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.