Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Morel Mushrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakidaho

Anyone interested in Morel Mushrooms? We have fresh dried that will reconstitute very well. I liked em best cooked with onion and steak but then they were darn fine in soup. They were harvested in the Lemhi mountains of Idaho which makes them extra swell...I may be a bit bias here though.
I do have photos but I am not smart enough to attach photos yet.
They sell for 18 bucks an ounce which really does go a long ways. As I recall two ounces dried makes pretty much a pound fresh and constituted..

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
If you have morels, you don't even need the steak ;)

Attaching an image is pretty easy. Find the picture on your computer > right click on the image > click copy > go to the quick reply area > right click and paste. This will work with a lot of images.

If it doesn't work...click on the window with a tree in it (third icon to the right of the smiley face), upload from your computer. All images should be resized to 800 x 600 or somewhere around there.

pakidaho

9k=

Attachments

• MORELP~1.JPG
    MORELP~1.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 83

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I've had dried morels last several years. I put a canning jar in the oven, fill it with DRY mushrooms and seal the jar while it's still hot. As long as the mushrooms are dry, they will last a long, long time.

pakidaho

I've had dried morels last several years. I put a canning jar in the oven, fill it with DRY mushrooms and seal the jar while it's still hot. As long as the mushrooms are dry, they will last a long, long time.
I will pass this on to the expert, sounds like a great way to store them, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.