Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Could you guys please give me a hand with my fridge kiln?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
OK guys, What is the humidity where You at? If You use ref. air in Yer house to cool it in the summer. Ya may not need one. If Ya use a swamp cooler. Ye need one. 60 % or higher -probly not. I would save the cash for the beer after Yer done (but that is Me and Your tobacco) I need one at 10 -18 % humidity. Does that help? I can teach You how to make one on the cheap. MOMA wont mind- Yer outa Her hair with Yer wild sceems.LOL
PSS: If you dont want to use chems. to seal,Just use "TIN TAPE" works for Me.

Fisherman

For a kiln which has set temp and humidity and no need for ramping the aforementioned.. I would look into the "Plug and Play" ones on Ebay that allow you to plug in both your heat and humidity sources without any wiring needed.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...re+and+Humidity+Controller&_sacat=0&_from=R40
They cost a lot tho.

A regular humidity PID is cheaper and last a long time also.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Air...697?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c77e20b11

This one is cheap and from China but seem to hold up. I use a unit made in USA but would have to look thru my blog to see maker. Add to your crock pot or humidifier or the "atomizer"

Brown Thumb

I have tried everything and came to the conclusion on controllers you get what you pay for.
cheap china ones work but get wacky and are unreliable I am on my 3rd one and it is not right.
weather stations are better for shure but still not accurate, close but no cigar.
you can get a 500 dollar accurate controller for 40 bucks on eBay used.
i like Omega. Still in business. I have a simple one for kilning it does temp and rh with relays for both controls. I got it for 48 bucks shipped. It worked till I wanted to calibrate it which I did, it need no adj. and I dropped the probe and broke the sensor due to I had the cover off to calibrate it. New rh sensor on its way.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 62

Frozenthunderbolt

Just a thought, has anyone tried to plunder the mechanical humistat out of a dehumidifier?
I would assume you would need a bit of electronic/circutry knowledge, but would love for someone to tell me that I'm wrong and it's piss easy . . .

jekylnz

Bro your right. .that would be the cheapest & best way for us to scavenge one...thats exactly how they work. ..the main thing to look for would be where tge main power + goes in and then where the wire continue to tge fans etc..& looking for the sensor looking part...long as you can find those parts..you should be able to wire it up to a fan & solenoid. .it should be pretty easy.

Markw

If it was me I would use an egg incubator it has all the stuff in it that you require, you can pick them up (chick) on flebab, mind you I would do some data logging first to see if it even needed , were not hatching chickens but only getting our tobacco right.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i leave mine to '' fate'' a crock-pot,,,a fan,,,,and a oil type radiator type heater,

sometimes i run too high on any 3 equations. and try to adjust accordinglly,

but being confined to a small space, you really cant afford too much of a wrong variable,

i'd perhaps look into buying a humidity/heat controller,

come this time next year i may get myself one,

it would be nice to just turn it on, and keep a eye on my crock-pot, water, and know the rest of the device is running true; to ; plan<-------

Fisherman

Status
Not open for further replies.