Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

teck 1 cutter-stripper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

I just rolled the dice and bought this off ebay. Anyone have any experience with one of these?

$_57 (640x568).jpg

AmaxB

Very sweet I love seeing it (a wicked little piece of work it is) could give a guy ideas, am sure it has already..

Aaron

How big is it. .can u show something to compare its size to?

I will be sure to show more when it arrives. The link above for the other one says it is 6" tall and 3.5" wide or for our metric friends 15.25 cm tall and 8.9 cm wide.

I'm guessing from the pictures this is going to be a wide cut but it was a fair enough price to experiment with.

squeezyjohn

What about this fellow?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOBACCO-S...les_Tobacciana_Smoking_LE&hash=item19d564dd77

$T2eC16V,!y0E9s2S65DEBQWuu!ZGmw~~60_58.JPG

It's expensive ... but it looks like it would last another few hundred years like most victorian built stuff!

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
It's ridicously expensive. Those shredders come up quite often on Ebay. They sell for about 70 -100 quid.
I have one and it makes a nice shredder for pipe tobacco but only so-so for cigarettes.

winston-smoker

What about this fellow?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOBACCO-S...les_Tobacciana_Smoking_LE&hash=item19d564dd77

$T2eC16V,!y0E9s2S65DEBQWuu!ZGmw~~60_58.JPG

It's expensive ... but it looks like it would last another few hundred years like most victorian built stuff!

I saw one of those on eBay, in about the same condition (looks almost identical to your picture), about five weeks ago selling "buy it now" for $150 -- the best price I'd seen yet. I was considering buying it, but asked around about it, and pretty much got the same answer that Jitterbug gave. I also had concerns about sharpening the blade, something I didn't really want to do. So I didn't get it. I'll just continue to manually cut the leaves until such time as I decide to get a Powermatic shredder. Frankly, I find removing the midrib stem more laborious than the cutting of the leaves anyway.

P.S. Jitterbug is right, the price quoted is ridiculously expensive. If you really want to get one, you would be better off with U.S. eBay and paying for international shipping.

squeezyjohn

I checked out that guy's whole ebay antiques store ... everything is up for Buy It Now or Best Offer at ridiculously high prices! I suppose he's hoping that some idiot will want something so much that they'll click to buy it now.

That's the tradition in the physical antiques shops over here too - the ticket prices are just stupid and they expect you to haggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.